Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Cem Sisman 33 posts 31 karma points
    Jan 06, 2010 @ 19:54
    Cem Sisman

umbraco.library:RenderTemplate doesnt fire click event of asp:button

I'm having issues with buttons postbacks, the scenario is  I created a macro (usercontrol), and created a template and in this template im calling this macro. Everything works fine, unless if I create another macro (xslt) and render that template in it doesnt fire button clicks or anything works in terms of postback.

Has anyone come across this issue before? any thoughts would be helpful, thanks.

- umbraco version is 3.0.6 

Jan 06, 2010 @ 19:59
    Cem Sisman

sorry version is 4.0.3

• Niels Hartvig 1951 posts 2391 karma points c-trib
    Jan 06, 2010 @ 20:29
    Niels Hartvig

Render template does *not* support events but simply renders controls as flat html so you'll need a different approach than RenderTemplate for what you're trying. RenderTemplate has never been meant to support the scenario above but was designed to render xslt based templates. Sorry.

Jan 06, 2010 @ 20:45
    Cem Sisman

in one of my document type, i have fields called box1 box2 box3 for sidebar which you can pick a content to display on the sidebar (contentpicker), any other recommentation for this requirement? they want to pick sidebar boxes for each content diffrently.

thank you

Cem

• Hendy Racher 863 posts 3849 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jan 07, 2010 @ 10:25
    Hendy Racher

XSLT macros tend to only call other XSLT macros using RenderTemplate due to this drawback (not much point using a UC macro with little or no .net functionality). UC macros on the other hand can call both types of macro with no such limitations.

Jan 11, 2010 @ 18:47
    Cem Sisman

How UC macros can call both types of macro with no such limitations? any sample do you have? or method name?

• Hendy Racher 863 posts 3849 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jan 11, 2010 @ 20:23
    Hendy Racher

Hi Cem,

A UC macro can call another macro via the <umbraco:macro...> server control (or dynamically added with umbraco.presentation.templateControls.Macro).

Replied to your comment here, where a UC macro renders the content of richtext areas of other nodes, that may contain sub macros, including UC ones which require to be part of the page lifecycle.

HTH,

Hendy

Jan 19, 2010 @ 16:11
    Cem Sisman

I think this is the best solution suits me.

http://our.umbraco.org/projects/macropicker

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft