Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Leon 101 posts 489 karma points
    Mar 18, 2015 @ 12:14
    Leon

how to choose a specific grid data type

I would like to apply a new grid data type to a template, but can't figure out how to do it.

Looking at the fanoe example: In the "Data Types" (in the developer section), there are a few grid data types (e.g. "Grid Blogpost", "Grid Text", etc.)

When I look at the template, page in the "settings", there is a line that uses a grid data type (@CurrentPage.GetGridHtml("content", "fanoe")).

Question: How does the template know if to apply the "Grid Blogpost" or "Grid Text"?

Leon.

Mar 18, 2015 @ 12:17
    Leon

Apologies for the stupid question. I found out how.

It's in the settings section, under document types, select the document type and set it in the generic properties tab.

Leon

• srinivas 6 posts 26 karma points
    Apr 26, 2015 @ 20:18
    srinivas

Hey , i am not getting anything like Grid Blogspot, Grid FrontPage and Grid TextPage in the Type under the Generic Properties section. At first point i dont even have those DataTypes. Can you let me know how to do that ?

Cheers,

Srini

Apr 27, 2015 @ 10:54
    Leon

Hi Srini.

I believe those data types come with the "fanoe" starter kit. Have you installed the fanoe starter kit?

• srinivas 6 posts 26 karma points
    Apr 27, 2015 @ 14:40
    srinivas

Yes figured out. Thank you. It would have been better if Umbraco provides those data types for every default installation.

Apr 27, 2015 @ 14:47
    Leon

Glad to hear you succeeded.

I think it's done like that by design so that different "themes" can be developed and you're not restricted to a certain type of grid design. I believe the exact purpose of the "fanoe" starter kit is to get novices like myself started, but not force experienced users into a certain way.

Leon

• Mehul Gajjar 48 posts 172 karma points
    Apr 28, 2015 @ 10:17
    Mehul Gajjar

Hi Leon

Kindly choose "Grid Layout" from data type

And for rendering use @Model.Content.GetGridHtml("testbody","Bootstrap2")

This will directly map your data into grid layout

Hope this will use full.

Regards

Mehul Gajjar.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft