Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Leon 101 posts 489 karma points
    Mar 23, 2015 @ 11:30
    Leon

Linked in (maybe also facebook and twitter) shares to appear as blog entries

Hello.

My boss just asked me for this requirement and I don't know the first thing about this sort of thing, so hoping for some tips / advice / pointing in the right direction.

When reading things on linked in (also probably facebook and twitter), my boss would like to click on "share" and have that article appear in the website - probably as a blog.

If I could just be pointed in the right direction before I start, that would be great.

Leon

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 23, 2015 @ 21:26
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Leon

Ok...so let me get this straight...your boss want the opposite function as one usually has on a website where it's possible to share a page from the website to different social media like LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+, Twitter etc. ? Does he really want a function where you publish shared articles from linkedin to the website? Not the usual way around?

That sounds like an impossible scenario since you're not in control of Linkedin and as such is not able to add a "Share this LinkedIn article to my website" button - Don't know if linkedin has an "embed" option...but that's probably not automated enough ;) - Perhaps you can achieve it by making a browser plugin that can interact with the Umbraco Content Service API somehow?

/Jan

• Leon 101 posts 489 karma points
    Mar 25, 2015 @ 11:30
    Leon

Thanks Jan.

Yes, you have that straight. That is exactly what my boss has asked for - not the usual way around.

Thanks for the info. At least my expectations have changed and I know it's not simple now. I think you're right that unless Linked in / Facebook provide an appropriate Api or unless I write a clever browser plug in, it's not possible.

I'll need to come up with a different approach, maybe write a macro that allows you to type in "embed" type code.

Thanks for the info.

Leon

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 25, 2015 @ 11:37
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Leon

Happy I was able to assist - Please don't hesitate to ask further questions or simply just share what you come up with in regards to handle this challenge :)

Happy coding!

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft