Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alessio Rosin 14 posts 71 karma points
    Apr 03, 2015 @ 12:00
    Alessio Rosin

problem with Umbraco 7 and Russian

hi sorry for my English , I have a problem with Umbraco 7 and Russian

Umbraco saves PROPERLY fields in Russian (Cyrillic ) , and in the backend returns PROPERLY Russian .. in mvc render the page instead replaced with question marks why ?

I imported a font with Russian Coogle
    <link href = ' http : //fonts.googleapis.com/css ? family = Philosopher & subset = latin , cyrillic ' rel = ' stylesheet ' type = ' text / css ' >

but nothing can anyone help me
  • Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 03, 2015 @ 14:21
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Alessio

Can you post a screendump of what it looks like? I suspect you need to save the template using UTF-8 BOM encoding - Also make sure to set <meta charset="UTF-8"> in the <head> section of your HTML.

/Jan

Apr 03, 2015 @ 14:28
    Alessio Rosin

in master

<head>
        <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
        <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0" />

I changed encoding in mysql , added in umbracoSettings , all backend works ( excluding tiny) ... suspect is mcv script .. if I write the string directly into the code works hrml I'm going crazy thank you

Apr 03, 2015 @ 14:29
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Alessio

What character encoding is the master template saved in? Is it UTF-8 or UTF-8 BOM ?

/Jan

Apr 03, 2015 @ 14:34
    Alessio Rosin

Apr 03, 2015 @ 14:34
    Alessio Rosin

Apr 03, 2015 @ 14:39
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Alessio

Nope, that's not the character encoding in which the document is saved :) That's the one you tell the browser to use.

Using Visual Studio or Sublime text you should be able to choose an option called "Save as...with character" encoding". That should give you a list of options to try out. I think that UTF-8 with BOM is called something else in Visual studio though...but if you're using sublime text that's what it's called.

Also...if you test the font at google fonts it's displaying correctly there, right? Just want to make sure it's not due to misconfiguration in that end.

/Jan

Apr 03, 2015 @ 14:56
    Alessio Rosin
    if I use google fonts and write in the master displays PROPERLY I opened with Visual studio express the master page file it's unicode utf - 8 tab code 65001 I'm looking for the opportunity to verify the save with UTF - 8 with BOM ,

I give a problem encodig frontend when returns the string if i use @ CurrentPage.umbHeadline
    returns ?????? - ????
    if i use
     < spam class = "text - white" > Страсть к работе со стеклом - это одна из форм проявления любви ! < / spam >

instead returns the correct written
    Apr 03, 2015 @ 15:06
    Alessio Rosin
    if I use google fonts and write in the master displays PROPERLY I opened with Visual studio express the master page file it's unicode utf - 8 tab code 65001 I'm looking for the opportunity to verify the save with UTF - 8 with BOM ,

I give a problem encodig frontend when returns the string if i use @ CurrentPage.umbHeadline
    returns ?????? - ????
    if i use
     < spam class = "text - white" > Страсть к работе со стеклом - это одна из форм проявления любви ! < / spam >

instead returns the correct written
    Apr 06, 2015 @ 17:34
    Alessio Rosin

I checked everything
    the backend works and reads and saves in Russian
    db saves data in Russian

if I write in the page view
    @ {
        Layout = " Master.cshtml " ;
    var foo = " phrase in Russian " ;
    }