Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stephen 767 posts 2273 karma points c-trib
    Jan 12, 2010 @ 14:05
    Stephen

Document Types : add properties to parent's tabs

Assuming we have a master document type with tabs such as "meta", "mainContent" and "sideContent", and various document types inheriting from the master document type. We would like to be able to allow a child document type to add a property to, say, tab "meta", instead of having to create a "child-meta" tab.

Currently, Umbraco does not support this and if you try to move a property to the "meta" tab through SQL, it does not work because in the ContentType class umbraco checks that the property belongs to the right type. Yet I am not sure why we should have this restriction (appart from it being difficult to manage in the content type management UI).

Feedback?

• Stephen 767 posts 2273 karma points c-trib
    Nov 11, 2010 @ 17:25
    Stephen

Reply to myself: some time ago we implemented a patch that would merge tabs with the same name, in the content editor. But, 4.6 (Juno) seems to implement that feature natively. Great!

• Thomas 49 posts 78 karma points c-trib
    Jan 06, 2011 @ 02:22
    Thomas

Hey - I'm using 4.5.2 and having the same issue - reluctant to upgrade to Juno just yet (give it a week or two) - is there a quick way to get the patch you mentioned above?

• Matt Taylor 873 posts 2086 karma points
    Jan 10, 2011 @ 17:14
    Matt Taylor

I'd really love this feature too. I'm just starting a new project using 4.5.2 and don' want to risk 4.6 yet. :(

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft