Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• junto 7 posts 28 karma points
    Jan 21, 2010 @ 12:27
    junto

Problem using the AjaxToolkit

I've got a weird issue trying to use the Ajax Toolkit Extenders in a template. I wanted to use the Password Strength extender on my Change Password page. I am using the CWS plugin. Runway is not installed.

I noted that the AjaxToolkit DLL is already in the bin folder, so I added the assembly reference into the web.config and a ToolkitScriptManager into the CWS Master page (with reference).

I then copied the password extender code I have from a big standard ASP.NET web application I have (so I know it works) into my Change Password template.

I found that the password extender didn't appear as expected. I tried a couple of other extenders (Collapsible Panel and Calendar). None rendered correctly. Both the calendar and collapsible panel displayed content, but in a static manner.

I created a brand new, empty master page (to check that the CSS in the CWS wasn't causing the problem), but the same issue is present. I checked the JavaScript console in Google Chrome, but I couldn't see any errors.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Junto 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft