Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Patrick 16 posts 36 karma points
    Jan 22, 2010 @ 11:58
    Patrick

Document type of content page changed unexpectedly after Doc type import (umbraco 3)

Hi

I'm having strange issues with Umbraco v3.0.3.  I've created a set of content pages that use the document type Table Page, then I logged in one day and the document type for those pages had unexpectedly been changed to TestMySite2 and the template dropdown is empty..  Oddly those pages still display ok on live, despite having no template selected! I suspect this may be because someone exported the Table Page document type to a file, and then Imported it again, which probably confused the database.

I tried to fix this by deleting the TestMySite2 document type but then the content pages disappeared from the Content Tree (but were still showing on the site). Can anybody suggest what happend and how to go about setting the document type back? I suspect this may be something I have to changed in the database.

Patrick.

• Seth Niemuth 275 posts 397 karma points
    Jan 22, 2010 @ 12:10
    Seth Niemuth

The reason that everything is still showing fine on the live site is that umbraco caches the whole site in the umbraco.config file in the data folder (which you may want to go and copy right now so that you can keep the live site as is while you fix the problem). If you were to have published those pages again without a template, then they wouldn't have shown up. A node/page in the Content needs a document type (you can't create a page/node in the content without a document type).

If you recreate the TestMySite2 with the exact same alias and same properties (I guess you could reimport Table Page if it was exported), set the allowed templates, and make sure you set a default template...then the content might show back up in the Content tree, i am not sure though, that is only a guess.

• Patrick 16 posts 36 karma points
    Mar 11, 2010 @ 11:34
    Patrick

Hi Seth

I restored a backup of the umbraco database before so I've got my pages back now. I'll give it a go adding the templates to the TestMySite2 document type.  I was hoping there was a way of setting it back to the document type it was using before but I guess not.

Thanks for you help.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft