Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jun 22, 2015 @ 10:09
    David

Merchello - Problems following single product page sample

Hi, I've tried following the single page product page sample and have hit an issue. When calling CurrentPage.product I don't get a guid back, I get an instance of 'Mercehllo.Web.Models.ContentEditing.ProductDisplay' so the call to helper.Query.Product.GetByKey fails.

I don't think I've missed any steps out of the demo but it's certainly possible.

The properties in the document type appear correct, I can select a product from the catalog on the content page, and can call the ProductDescription property with the expected result.

Any ideas what I might have done wrong or how I can get from that object type to a guid that can be loaded into the helper?

Many thanks!

• Barry Fogarty 493 posts 1129 karma points
    Jun 22, 2015 @ 10:40
    Barry Fogarty

Hi David,

The ProductDisplay object should have all the properties you need e.g. .product.Price, .product.Name etc. Essentially you already have the product so the call to GetByKey is redundant.

Not sure what sample you are following but it sounds like it is out ofdate with the latest Merchool release. The most up to date sample store is the Merchello Bazaar package. You can install the Bazaar standalone package into an Umbraco site with Merchello already installed, but I would suggest using the combined install package on a clean Umbraco site (no starter kit). That will set up Merchello and the Bazaar sample store up together and all the various moving parts will be working together nicely.

Good luck - its worth persevering with!

• David 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jun 22, 2015 @ 10:55
    David

Amazingly helpful, thanks very much for the prompt reply!

I was trying to follow the sample at

'http://merchello.com/documentation/getting-started/how-to/Single-Product-Page'

which are still linked from the main page. I realise now they specify that they relate to v1.4 but it wasn't clear how different this was to the latest version :)

Thanks for the clarification, I'll keep testing but the solution looks good so far.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft