Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Claire Botman 48 posts 77 karma points
    Feb 01, 2010 @ 04:43
    Claire Botman

remove a template from a document, is this a bug?

I want to clear a document's template so that it doesn't have a template at all (to work with Cultiv sitemap). 

Initially I tried to set the template dropdown in the document's generic properties to "choose", which didn't work (it didn't persist).  So I then set the document type in question to have no allowed templates. At this point the document showed as having no template (the "choose" persisted), but in the db and the umbraco.config file the template id is still there.

I've tried republishing, restarting website & deleting umbraco.config but the problem seems to be that the db still contains the templateid for that document.

Is this familiar to anyone?

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Feb 01, 2010 @ 08:59
    Dirk De Grave

Claire,

Sounds odd, but it may be a bug. If you can repro this, I'd suggest you report this issue on Codeplex so a core team member can verify and solve if necessary.

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Feb 01, 2010 @ 08:59
    Dirk De Grave

And don't forget to include environment info (umb version, ...) as well

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Feb 01, 2010 @ 09:25
    Sebastiaan Janssen

I had a similar problem recently, but I did the same thing, made sure that no templates were allowed for that docType and republished. 

Have you tried deleting the umbraco.config file? This will force Umbraco to recreate it, that might help.

• Claire Botman 48 posts 77 karma points
    Feb 02, 2010 @ 02:29
    Claire Botman

Thanks guys, I've reported the issue here:

http://umbraco.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=26104

Republishing & deleting umbraco.config makes no difference (I've tried) since the value of templateId in the cmsDocument table is never cleared.

To work around this, do you reckon it's safe to NULL the templateId value manually in the db?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft