Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul 6 posts 26 karma points
    Feb 02, 2010 @ 13:21
    Paul

LoginView Form working with other Form scenarios

I am trying to put a loginview control on every page. So i put that in the base master page. And i wrapped an ASP.Net form around it. But I also have the following 2 scenarios:

1.       Some pages require Doc2Form.  And that is required to be in a server side form control also.

2.       Some pages require a normal form control. The form control contains some drop lists, which postback to the page, and are then picked up by the macro on the page to alter page output.

I could sort out 1 by wrapping the whole page in 1 big server side form in the base master page, but then I can’t get the droplist in scenario 2 to postback to the macro on the page.  When I only wrap the asp.net form around the login view, and put another server-side form control on some ofthe base pages I ge tthe message that there can only be 1 server side form.

Any thoughts?

• Scott Hugh Alexandar Petersen 349 posts 164 karma points
    Feb 04, 2010 @ 12:46
    Scott Hugh Alexandar Petersen

Well there can only be one server side form without question, the thing with your second form which is a regular html form is fine.

About the loginview and the doc2form what is happening there?

Is it because you do not want to put a server side form around the block of code which will eventually contain both loginview and doc2form controls?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft