Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chau 66 posts 97 karma points
    Feb 03, 2010 @ 00:50
    Chau

broken - chinese characters turn into mush

I think I broke my forum posting... It has the title as listed above and returns a parsing error everytime I try and view it... Sorrrrry!

So all chinese characters turn into ??????? in the umbraco backend when I'm using a rishtext editor.

@Jan - the gb2322 didn't work nor did ISO2022. I also tried toggling the tidy cleanup option. That didn't work either. I also tried changing the toggle inside the tinemceeditor.config from raw to utf8 and iso2022 and that didn't work either.

Should something be set to unicode somewhere?

Thanks.

Feb 04, 2010 @ 17:46
    Chau

Solution - I needed to change my database to work properly with chinese characters.

set character_set_client = utf8                                                                                       
    set character_set_connection = utf8                                                                            
    set character_set_database = utf8                                                                      
    character_set_results = utf8                                                                            
    character_set_server = utf8                                                                       
    character_set_system = utf8

I also added a "charset=ut8" into my web.config connection code.

Cheers!  

• Ethan 41 posts 61 karma points
    Apr 24, 2010 @ 13:38
    Ethan

Hi Chau, I wonder how to configure the database to make Umbraco display Chinese characters correctly. Where the settings you wrote in the second post should be placed? I use Mysql,and I meet with the problem like you did. Thanks! Could you send your answer to my inbox at postzmaster(at)yahoo.com?

May 03, 2010 @ 06:22
    Chau

Ethan,

You have to enter it into a mysql command line.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft