Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John McConnell 4 posts 24 karma points
    Feb 10, 2010 @ 01:24
    John McConnell

Newbie Question - Getting to my newly created template.

Umbraco - 4
    ASP.Net - 3.5
    Windows/IIS - 7/7

This is my first day using Umbraco so please forgive my newbie question. :-)

I've created a new Template and then a new Document Type that uses that template in the "Allowed Templates" list.  Now on the Content side, how do I use this new Document Type/Template?  The only thing available to me is the Runway Homepage.  What am I missing here?  Thanks for any help you can provide.

• skiltz 501 posts 701 karma points
    Feb 10, 2010 @ 01:35
    skiltz

When you are creating a new node is this a top level node?  If not you will only get a list of Document Types which are allowed as child nodes (based on the document type of the parent node).  Go back to document types select Runway Hompage and click on the "structure" tab to choose your new doucment type.

• Thomas Höhler 1237 posts 1709 karma points MVP
    Feb 10, 2010 @ 08:54
    Thomas Höhler
  • John McConnell 4 posts 24 karma points
    Feb 10, 2010 @ 14:29
    John McConnell

I see that I have no problem picking my new Document Type if I create a new node from the root Content node.  My question is more how do I go into one of those immediate children of Content to select a different Document Type?  Is that not possible?

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Feb 10, 2010 @ 14:33
    dandrayne

As skiltz says above, go into the "structure" tab for your homepage document type (settings section > document types) and you can pick the "allowed child types" from a checkbox list.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft