Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew Ferguson 5 posts 75 karma points
    Sep 15, 2015 @ 14:38
    Andrew Ferguson

templates not showing up in content tree

starting off with the version, b/c I keep seeing that being a major question: version 7.2.6 assembly: 1.0.5632.22681

i am brand new to Umbraco and trying to create new templates for paid search. i have done these steps:

• created a 'top' doctype and then a subsequent 'child' doctype
    • mirrored what was already crated and adjusted for my needs
    • took the created template and (again) mirrored what was already created and adjusted for my needs

now i am trying to create a template, but when i go to the 'content' section, my templates are not appearing. what am i doing wrong?

another company created the site structure and handed it off to us, but of course, since we have had it handed off, we are seeing the need for more templates/pages and don't want to have to continue to pay them for something we should be able to take care of.

any help would be greatly appreciated ... thanks!

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Sep 15, 2015 @ 14:53
    Sebastiaan Janssen

The templates tree runs through the database, so you need to create them through Umbraco for them to show up. If you create a new one in Umbraco and the file already exists on disk it will show you the existing content.

Sep 15, 2015 @ 14:55
    Andrew Ferguson

i created it through Umbraco ... i don't have access to the database

• Comment author was deleted

Sep 15, 2015 @ 14:59

And what happens if you create a doc type with matching template, are they shown in the tree then?

Sep 15, 2015 @ 15:02
    Andrew Ferguson

nope.

i have even created another doctype/template and nested it under the Base dt/temp ... still isn't showing up ... is there a little button or something that i'm not pushing?

Sep 15, 2015 @ 15:05

that's strange, any js errors showing in the console when you expand the tree?

Sep 15, 2015 @ 15:07
    Andrew Ferguson

the only error is an seoChecker validate error ... so there's no js load errors ... could it be permission level?

Sep 15, 2015 @ 15:10

And mind checking the umbraco logs, they are found in the \App_Data\Logs directory, we might find something usefull in there

Sep 15, 2015 @ 15:11
    Andrew Ferguson

would love to ... but don't have access to the directories. only cms accesss :/

Sep 15, 2015 @ 15:13

Well you could install this package that will allow you to view the log files inside the cms https://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/diplo-trace-log-viewer

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft