Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• npanguuluri 30 posts 57 karma points
    Feb 19, 2010 @ 22:46
    npanguuluri

Insert Video (flowplayer) not working on the HTML content

Hi,

I installed Insert Video and Insert flash packages and tried to place the macro on the content pages.. but it's not visible on the webpage.. Is there anything I need  to get it working.

The umbraco version iam using is 4.0.0

Thanks

Narendranath

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Feb 19, 2010 @ 23:09
    Kim Andersen

Hi Narendranath

I have used Flowplayer's Insert Video package several times and it works fine for me. Are you inserting the video in a richtext editor, and how do you render the content from that editor? Are you using XSLT or a umbraco field?

Or are you just trying to insert the video on a template?

Regards,

/Kim A

• npanguuluri 30 posts 57 karma points
    Feb 22, 2010 @ 06:17
    npanguuluri

HI Kim,

I am just inserting the macro on the Rich text editor(bodyText). I need the video to be inserted on the pages just like the content. appreciate your help Kim

Thanks

Narern

• Neil Campbell 58 posts 182 karma points
    Feb 22, 2010 @ 09:16
    Neil Campbell

Hi Narern,
    Like Kim said, are you inserting you bodyText field directly into a template, or are you using xslt to render it?

i.e. are you using <umbraco:Item field="bodyText" runat="server"></umbraco:Item> to render the bodyText field into the template.

If you are using xslt to render the bodyText field, then that could be your issue. If possible try rendering the bodyText field directly to the template using the <umbraco:Item  /> tag and see if that fixes you issue, then work from there.

Cheers,
    Neil

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Feb 22, 2010 @ 10:39
    Kim Andersen

Narern,

If you use XSLT to render your bodyText, then you need to use the umbraco.library:RenderMacroContent function. Otherwise you cannot render a macro, from inside another macro.

/Kim A

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Feb 22, 2010 @ 10:44
    dandrayne

Hi Narendranath

I don't believe I tested the package with 4.0.0 before releasing, but It's a simple macro so don't see any reason why it shouldn't work.  Neil is probably on the right track here, and if you're outputting the editor content with xslt and can't move to an umbraco:item tag you may want to look at RenderMacroContent.

Dan

• Angie 3 posts 23 karma points
    Mar 28, 2012 @ 18:08
    Angie

hello all,

I'm having the same issue as Narendranath.  My video plays fine in preview, but when I go to publish, I get this issue:  Error reading XSLT file: \xslt\InsertVideo.xslt

Please help!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft