Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig100 1136 posts 2522 karma points c-trib
    Mar 06, 2016 @ 13:51
    Craig100

Behaviour Problems with Vorto + Grid + RTE

7.4.1 site with SQLCEDB and Vorto 1.5.0 hosted on Azure free instance (for testing)

Having decided to go with Vorto for a small dual language site, now it's nearly finished and content is being added, the Grid appears to be unstable. I can't tell whether the following problems are due to the Grid, Vorto, Azure hosting on a free instance, SQLCE or a combination.

RTE in a Grid in a Vorto wrapper (the Grid is the element that is Vorto-wrapped):

1. You can only switch languages once. Switching from language A to B is ok. Switch back to A, only a textbox appears with the HTML in it under the blue title bar. Switch back to B and you get the same problem. Only a page reload or switching to view another page's content and coming back resets it.
    2. The RTE is empty. If the RTE is in a full width (12 wide) column and it's content is only text then the RTE appears totally empty until you click in the space where the content should be.

I get the impresssion it's Angular not sending nested calls back to the server, but I'm no Angular expert.

Both of these problems mean I can't show this to the client as I pushed to use Umbraco and this behaviour just looks amateurish.

Also there's a Vorto UI issue with the Grid "Reorder" div that hides half the Vorto tabs. I got around it by setting the umb-editor-sub-header top-margin to 0 rather than the -30px as supplied. That's in file /Umbraco/assets/css/umbraco.css, then changed the version number in /config/ClientDependency.config line 13 to incorporate the change.

I'm wondering if anyone else sees these issues and can advise on which way to re-engineer the site so they don't happen. (Now I have almost no time to do it ;) ).

Thanks,

Craig

• Craig100 1136 posts 2522 karma points c-trib
    Mar 07, 2016 @ 16:47
    Craig100

Further to the above, I just tried to putting the RTE in a Grid in a DocType inside a Nested Content DataType inside Vorto and that exhibits the same issue with switching languages, but it does show the RTE content on page load without having to click in it.

Hope this helps some one to the fault.

P.S. And for the record, it's the same in Chrome and Edge ;)

• Paul Stephenson 4 posts 96 karma points
    Oct 13, 2016 @ 14:19
    Paul Stephenson

Just adding a hook here for anyone else that hits this issue, see my posts here: https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/vorto/bugs-feedback-suggestions/75842-vortogridrte-switching-issue

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft