Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Roger Hughes 55 posts 88 karma points
    Mar 19, 2010 @ 11:06
    Roger Hughes

Cloning tab properties in a document type

Hi guys,

Heres a good one for you...

I have built a site for a client and the homepage is using 1:1 multilingual.
    For this I created a document type for the homepage with content tabs for each of the languages.

then I added the new properties to each of the tabs. The properties are identical to each of the other properties in the other tabs apart from the country code appended to the alias. This all works fine using the lang_lib.xslt and concatenating using $flang.
    So far I have created all the tabs but only the properties for 2 of the languages, English and Chinese. After testing its perfect.

However! My problem is that it is going to take ages to add the other properties to the other languages in the document type.

Is there a way of cloning the properties of a tab to another tab in the document type and then all I need to do is append the correct country codes to the alias of the cloned properties?

Thanks

Rog

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15477 karma points MVP admin hq
    Mar 19, 2010 @ 11:13
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Not exactly. But you can export the document type and edit the XML easily. Then just import the document type again and it will update your existing document type with the new properties.

Mar 19, 2010 @ 11:49
    Roger Hughes

I cant import the document type from the Document Types menu though.

Do I need to import using another method?

Rog

Mar 19, 2010 @ 12:14
    Roger Hughes

I have it sorted. Just as you recommended.

Many thanks

Rog

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft