Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ant 2 posts 22 karma points
    Apr 04, 2010 @ 00:42
    Ant

TinyMceConfig.config and HTML5

Hi all,

I am writing a site in HTML 5 and I am tring to get TinyMce to allow custome html tags (article, section etc).

In my TinyMceConfig.config file, I have added article to the the list of validElements and added the following to the customConfig section:

<config key="extended_valid_elements">article</config>
    <config key="custom_elements">article</config>

Unfortunately, if I write <article>some text</article> in the html section of TinyMce and try and save, I get a [Tiny error] message replacing the content in the editor.

http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/TinyMCE:Configuration/custom_elements pretty much explains what I am attempting to do.

Is this possible from within the Umbraco config?

Many thanks in advance,

Ant

• jc 64 posts 101 karma points
    Apr 04, 2010 @ 06:24
    jc

I can add it to the "validElements" section, but then I get a tidy error on save/publish. Not sure if tidy can handle HTML5 at this point.

• jc 64 posts 101 karma points
    Apr 04, 2010 @ 06:40
    jc

I can get it to work if I do these two things:

1. Add "article" to "validElements" in ~/config/tinyMceConfig.config"
       2. Set "TidyEditorContent" to "False" in ~/config/umbracoSettings.config

• Ant 2 posts 22 karma points
    Apr 04, 2010 @ 13:48
    Ant

Thanks for that, for me it was a combination of all the changes I had made and the TidyEditorContent setting you mentioned :)

Unfortunately, the editor semms to get really confused about allowing html inside the article element. So I am still tinkering with it. I now seem unable to alter link references through the editor even when I have reverted all my changes.

I'll post again if I get it working...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft