Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Apr 22, 2010 @ 10:17
    Kim Andersen

Alttemplate doesn't work

HI all

I have a solution where I can't get alttemplate to work at all.

I have a template called "sitemap". This is of course used to show our sitemap on the site. But I can't get this to work. I have tried to do the following two things:

www.mydomain.com/sitemap.aspx <-- This results in a 404 error

www.mydomain.com?alttemplate=sitemap <-- This results in the following error:

Unhandled Execution Error        
    Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'partnerlist'  Key being added: 'partnerlist'

I have used alttemplates for this kind of stuff several times witout any problems, but I'm totally lost on this one.

/Kim A

• Rasmus Berntsen 215 posts 253 karma points c-trib
    Apr 22, 2010 @ 12:08
    Rasmus Berntsen

Hi,

Did you create the Masterpage (/template) in VS? If yes, please be sure that is created and visible in Settings > Templates. That was my problem last time I had a struggle with the alttemplate-function. :)

• Kim Andersen 1447 posts 2196 karma points MVP
    Apr 26, 2010 @ 21:46
    Kim Andersen

Well, actually the templates have been created from Visual Studio. I have taken over the project, and the guys who have created and started the project, have made almost everything from Visual Studio. I f***** up if I may say so.

I don't know what they have made, but it's impossible to save a template from inside Umbraco, and therefore I have to create the tempaltes from Visual Studio. I think I will just go for plan B, and create a node in the Content tree. This isn't the best solution, but I think that is my only option.

/Kim A

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft