Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter Duncanson 430 posts 1360 karma points c-trib
    May 05, 2010 @ 12:45
    Peter Duncanson

Javascript error when using Media Picker in Repeatable Content Control

Installed the Repeatable Content Control just fine and have been using it well. 

I have a tab which allowed me to select screenshots to show per page. For ease at first I was just using a textstring of the url to the screenshots. But I'm now trying to tidy that up a bit and instead get it to be a media picker for ease of editing in the future.

Trouble is when I add a Media Picker to my custom the repeatable content datatype I get a raft of javascript errors when I click on the "Choose media..." link for the media picker. 

Seems the c# is generating out javascript function names with full stops in them (which is invalid):

function ctl00_body_Portfolio.Screenshots_mediaItem_chooseId() {

Any ideas?

• Eran 292 posts 436 karma points
    May 05, 2010 @ 12:56
    Eran

i dont remember exactly how i solve this problem, but i think it was a problem with the web.config, that wasn't the correct web.conig for .net 3.5 framework.

check if you are using the correct web.config for 3.5.

• Peter Duncanson 430 posts 1360 karma points c-trib
    May 07, 2010 @ 12:52
    Peter Duncanson

Twigged it. I was using dots in my field names (Portfolio.Screenshots) and C# was not converting them in the backend javascript I think. Change the naming convention to not have dots and all is good.

Might be a good one to flag up for a future release? Validate that dots are not allowed in alias names.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft