Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• curlybub 133 posts 107 karma points
    May 25, 2010 @ 10:22
    curlybub

Nodes not published.

Hi,

I currently installed umbraco 4.0.4.1 using mySQL as its database. However im having problems, when I access the root site it gives me the nonodes.aspx page although I installed the RUNWAY package already. I tried to install it locally and it is working fine with mySQL and MSSQL. When I click the preview button it displays the page. 

Thank you.

Regards,
    Harry

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10091 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    May 25, 2010 @ 10:54
    Ismail Mayat

Harry,

Are the pages published? If not then publish them.  Also check your permissions as this can cause publishing issues.  Also check your umbracolog database table see if there are any errors.

Regards

Ismail

May 25, 2010 @ 11:15
    curlybub

Hi Ismail,

Yes the pages are published but it doesn't show anything on the document link area at the properties section. I tried to create a enw document but still it doesn't show.

I checked the umbracolog table and there are some errors. The following errors are:
    1. Debug: CurrentVersion different from configStatus: '4.0.4.1',''
    2. Error loading actionhandler 'umbEnsureUniqueName': System.ArgumentException: No parent node
       at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode.get_Parent()
       at umbraco.ActionHandlers.umbEnsureUniqueName.Execute(Document documentObject, IAction action)
       at umbraco.BusinessLogic.Actions.Action.RunActionHandlers(Document d, IAction action)
    3. Error removing node from umbraco index: 'System.IO.IOException: D:\Domains\mysite.com\wwwroot\data\_systemUmbracoIndexDontDelete not a directory
       at Lucene.Net.Store.FSDirectory.Init(FileInfo path, Boolean create)
       at Lucene.Net.Store.FSDirectory.GetDirectory(FileInfo file, Boolean create)
       at Lucene.Net.Index.IndexReader.Open(String path)
       at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.index.Indexer.ContentIndexReader()
       at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.index.Indexer.RemoveNode(Int32 Id)'
    4. Error indexing document: System.IO.IOException: Cannot create directory: D:\Domains\freewaycab.com\wwwroot\data\_systemUmbracoIndexDontDelete
       at Lucene.Net.Store.FSDirectory.Create()
       at Lucene.Net.Store.FSDirectory.Init(FileInfo path, Boolean create)
       at Lucene.Net.Store.FSDirectory.GetDirectory(FileInfo file, Boolean create)
       at Lucene.Net.Index.IndexWriter..ctor(String path, Analyzer a, Boolean create)
       at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.index.Indexer.ContentIndex(Boolean ForceRecreation)
       at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.index.Indexer.IndexNode(Guid ObjectType, Int32 Id, String Text, String UserName, DateTime CreateDate, Hashtable Fields, Boolean Optimize)
       at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.<>c__DisplayClass2.<MakeNew>b__0(Object )

The 3rd and 4th error repeats thrice.

Do you have any idea what I need to do?

Thank you.

Regards,
    Harry

May 25, 2010 @ 12:05
    Ismail Mayat

Harry,

Check your permissions. If the permisions are not correct then the document will not publish please take a look at http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup and ensure permisisons are correct http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/how-to-install-umbraco-on-windows-server-2003

Regards

Ismail

May 26, 2010 @ 03:11
    curlybub

Hi Ismail,

I asked our hostingi provider about the permissions set for our websites and it is running in full trust already. Any other ideas? Could a reinstall possibly fix the said issue?

Thank you.

Regards,
    Harry

May 26, 2010 @ 11:06
    Ismail Mayat

Harry,

Did your provider check that permissions are set to install guide eg network service has full permissions to root website dir and all subsequent child folders also worth checking with them if website is running in own app pool.

Regards

Ismail

May 28, 2010 @ 05:45
    curlybub

Hi Ismail,

Yes, permissions are set to full permissions. I'll try to install umbraco 4.0.3 maybe I wont encounter errors on that version.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Harry

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft