Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• S 5 posts 25 karma points
    Jun 01, 2010 @ 14:33
    S

New Document Type not showing in 'Content' tab

Hi

I’m sure there is a very simple answer to this, but I have read through the tutorials and searched google and I am not sure what I am doing incorrectly. I have inherited an umbraco site which is up and running in a dev environment and I wanted to create a new page which uses a new template.

I have added a new document type and template, but when I switch to the ‘Content’ tab and press create, it does not show my new document type in the drop down. Why might this be? I have checked to see my new template and doc type against the existing ones (which are showing) and I can’t see any obvious differences.

Any help on this matter would be much appreciated!

Thank you

Sarah

• atze187 160 posts 215 karma points
    Jun 01, 2010 @ 14:53
    atze187

Go for "Settings" --> "Document Types" and select the document type of the page that is parent of your new page, change to tab "Structure" and check your new document type.

• Bert 128 posts 251 karma points
    Jun 01, 2010 @ 14:53
    Bert

Your newly created doc isn't allowed to be added under the node you try to edit it.

• Check under which document you want te create this node
    • Go to that node and edit it's allowed child nodes
    • Try to add the new document again
  • S 5 posts 25 karma points
    Jun 01, 2010 @ 15:05
    S

Thank you both for your responses, I had done that and couldn't work out why it wasn't working - turns out I had forgotten to press Save.

Thanks again! :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft