Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jun 02, 2010 @ 11:00
    Jeroen Breuer

Templates, jQuery and WebControls

Hello,

I'm trying to extend the idea of loading a different template into a div with jQuery. This works for normal content and XSLT also works, but if I try it with a UserControl which contain webcontrols it doesn't work. It says it's missing the form tag and if I place the form tag in the ajax template the posting doesn't work. Posting with a button works, but the button posts to the ajax template instead of staying on the normal page. Is there a way to solve this or should I just not use UserControls in combination with this kind of ajax loading?

Jeroen

• Frederik Vig 29 posts 61 karma points
    Jun 02, 2010 @ 11:11
    Frederik Vig

Try setting VerifyRenderingInServerForm to false, which should bypass the check for the form tag with the runat="server" attribute.

Jun 02, 2010 @ 12:58
    Jeroen Breuer

@FrederikCould: Could you explain how the VerifyRenderingInServerForm works and how I can set it to false? Is there a chance this works because in the situation a page is loaded inside a div. The page doesn't have a form tag, but the div in which is page is loaded does have a form tag.

Jeroen

Jun 08, 2010 @ 16:59
    Jeroen Breuer

I still didn't find a solution. Webcontrols don't work if the page is loaded with the jQuery load method. Buttons work but post to the ajax template (instead of staying on the current page) and when I just the linkbutton I get the following error:

theform.__eventtarget' is null or not an object

There should be a way to let webcontrols work with jQuery ajax.

Jun 08, 2010 @ 17:02
    Jeroen Breuer

I found the following topic: http://old.nabble.com/Button-doesn't-work-in-jquery-dialog-td21215723s27240.html. Is it possible to do this with Umbraco?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft