Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• saminh 11 posts 32 karma points
    Jun 02, 2010 @ 16:57
    saminh

Doctype details not saving - unable to create new content in tree

I have come across this issue today. When I edit the details of a doctype (structure, allowed templates) When I save it says "Content type saved" yet removes all my changes and on the structure screen all the list of doctypes on the structure tab dissapear.

In the content tree, it also won't let me create any content. I can publish to the database okay. When I right click a node and click create, i get the create screen with a dropdown list populated with allowed content types. I choose one then click create and the create button goes blank and the dropdown list empties itself.

I'm in a bit of a rut here and hope you guys can help me.

Thanks alot.

• Lee Kelleher 4022 posts 15810 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jun 03, 2010 @ 11:13
    Lee Kelleher

Hi saminh,

All sounds a bit odd.  Has this been working previously?  Has anything happened on the server? (moved, or copied, updates/upgrades?)

I suspect that its due to folder/file permissions - specifically on the /data/ folder.

Take a look in the database, go to the umbracoLog table - see there are any relevant errors in there.

Cheers, Lee.

Jun 03, 2010 @ 12:50
    saminh

Lee, thanks for your response. I have just figured it out after 6 hours of pain. I work on a local test UI where I have turned off viewstate in the web.config, I had copied this rule over to my umbraco web.config.

Important Note which i will never forget: Never turn Viewstate off in Umbraco's web.config :-(

• Lee Kelleher 4022 posts 15810 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jun 03, 2010 @ 12:51
    Lee Kelleher

Jeez, I wouldn't have thought of that!  Glad you resolved it.  I'll make a note of that in future.

Cheers, Lee.

Jun 03, 2010 @ 12:53
    saminh

I added your response as the solution as I couldn't add my own as the solution which seems a bit silly...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft