Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bo Damgaard Mortensen 719 posts 1207 karma points
    Jun 06, 2010 @ 20:01
    Bo Damgaard Mortensen

Hi fellow Umbraco users,

I'm currently building my first umbraco website and since I'm completely new to umbraco I've already ran into a problem which I'm sure is pretty straight-forward to do.

That said, I'm by no means a beginner when it comes to building sites that run on a (open source) CMS as I've been using Joomla! since it was called Mambo.

Anyway, the site I'm building is here: [url=http://www.nuanceweb.dk]my site[/url]

What I want to do is to have some content in the white box that changes when you mouseover/hover one of the menu items. Also that content has to stay "active" when you've clicked on a link (i.e. if you click on "Profile" I need to highlight the Profile menu item with the gray color and the white boxs content needs to be what would be related to the Profile menu item.

How do I go about this? What would be the best practice when it comes to showing multiple content on a site? I've watched the video about multiple Content Place Holders, but I never really got it to work. I can't get a page to display in the NavigationPlaceHolder (the placeholder I put in the white box), but thats because the actual page is Frontpage.aspx and not WhateverIsInThenavigationPlaceHolder.aspx. If I go to the mysite.dk/WhateverIsInTheNavigationPlaceHolder.aspx it shows up fine.

What have I missed here? :)

Thanks in advance! If my question is not clear in some ways, please tell me and I will try to explain it better.

All the best,

Bo

• Chris Dunn 210 posts 401 karma points
    Jun 09, 2010 @ 21:59
    Chris Dunn

Let me see if I understand.  When you hover over a menu item you want the content in the "white boxes" to change to the content (or certain document property) of the coresponding page of the nav item?

If I understand correctly...

You have 2 options both involve using some javascript (jquery) to make the visual transition.  You can either use ajax and a web service to retrieve the content on a hover event and replace the html of the "white box" element.  The other option probaby better option is to render all of the content and simply hide/show the coresponding element's DIV with the nav item.  Make the default for the "white box" be the content of the current page so when you click the link....that will show by default.

You will obviously need a macro to render all of the content vs an umbraco page item.

Not sure why the multiple content placeholders comes into play?

Let me know if I missed the problem.

-Chris

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft