Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gareth Evans 142 posts 334 karma points c-trib
    Jun 11, 2010 @ 03:04
    Gareth Evans

"design time" editable properties

Hi Guys

What technique should I use to define design time editable properties... an example might be I want a media picker, which has a particular class name associated with that instance of it (on the document type) but not editable at the time the content is loaded.

That is, it's not set on the data type, or the content node, but when the property is added to the document type.

In this case, it will be a lookup key to a seperate config file.

I know that I can use a custom control with prevalues for the admin editor (this would be set when editing the data type), or as a custom control which has a media picker embedded in it (this would be then set when you're editing the content) but I want something that you can only edit/set when you're adding or editing the property on the document type.

Hope this makes sense..

I'm not so keen on adding a bunch of different media types (one for each key) or a bunch of different data types (one for each key)

Gareth

• Matt Brailsford 4124 posts 22215 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Jun 11, 2010 @ 09:35
    Matt Brailsford

Hey Gareth,

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking, Could you explain a use case so I can better understand your question?

Matt

• Josh Townson 67 posts 162 karma points
    Jun 11, 2010 @ 12:35
    Josh Townson

I'm not sure how possible this is going to be. But you might be able to do something with a label and the standard values in umbraco package http://our.umbraco.org/projects/standard-values-in-umbraco -Although that might not work with a label - you might need to make a custom datatype to use with it.

/Josh

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft