Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alexander 33 posts 83 karma points
    Dec 28, 2013 @ 18:10
    Alexander

Content Editor Url

Hi everyone!

I'v developing custom backoffice section via inheriting from BaseTree class. When user click on the node in the tree I use function UmbClientMgr.contentFrame('url'); to open appropriate page from surface controller in right section (iframe). There I have another buttons which I need to redirect user to content edit page (in iframe ofcourse). Does anyone know how to get url to content edit page? Ofcourse I have node Id in code ;)

Thanks.

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14324 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Dec 28, 2013 @ 20:07
    Marc Goodson

I've used the following to take users to the 'edit view' for a node in Umbraco 7:

/umbraco/#/content/content/edit/[nodeidtoedit]

if that's what your are after ?

Dec 28, 2013 @ 20:35
    Alexander

Thanks for your response Mark!

Ye, it's what i'm looking for. But I suppose that umbraco should have way to get it dynamically. Did you use just static hardcode? 

Also have one more question:

I've created new Action for menu by inheriting from IAction. It looks good but i can't understand where i should put javascript function for this action. Did you strugled with it? 

Thanks,

Alexander.

Dec 28, 2013 @ 21:07
    Alexander

Also if we use hardcoded value(/umbraco/#/content/content/edit/[nodeidtoedit]) to redirect it will provoke page to reload. We can just reload iframe on the right side - it will be the most perfect solution, but I don't know how ;)

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14324 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Dec 29, 2013 @ 00:20
    Marc Goodson

I've just used the url to redirect into the backend from the frontend page for an 'edit this' link for logged in back office users; so it's not the same as what you are looking to do; I think when you implement IAction, you can also implement properties JsFunctionName and JsSource, where JsSource is an "~/ umbraco" relative path to a js file that contains the code... 

There is quite a good article by Markus Johansson, (if you haven't seen it) regarding creating custom trees in Umbraco 7 that might be of interest, http://www.enkelmedia.se/blogg/2013/11/22/creating-custom-sections-in-umbraco-7-part-1.aspx

Dec 29, 2013 @ 05:45
    Alexander

Thanks Marc.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft