Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Topic author was deleted

Jan 07, 2014 @ 20:11

v7 MNTP filters not working?

Is anyone else having luck with the MNTP filters?  i.e. filter out doctype X

I'm putting in a Document Type alias and it still shows.

Clearing the caches, etc to no avail.

• Jesper Hauge 298 posts 487 karma points c-trib
    Jan 08, 2014 @ 10:30
    Jesper Hauge

Had the same problem, to me it seemed like, all doctypes was inactive except for the root doc, regardless of the content of the filter string :(

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jan 08, 2014 @ 15:10
    Per Ploug

hmm, seems like a bug, could you report on the tracker ?

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 08, 2014 @ 15:17
  • Chris Ashton 57 posts 89 karma points
    Feb 01, 2014 @ 15:02
    Chris Ashton

I can repeat this issue in v7.0.2, as in the filter appears to have no effect  what so ever.

It looks like the intended use of the filter is to block particular document types. It would be great to also have a filter to enable or let through certain document types. I think this was was implement in v6's MNTP using the 'XPath filter type' property:

http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Using-Umbraco/Backoffice-Overview/Property-Editors/Built-in-Property-Editors/Multi-Node-Tree-Picker

Happy to help test this if you contact me.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Chris

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Feb 03, 2014 @ 13:37
    Per Ploug

We released 7.0.3 today which fixes the problem

• Comment author was deleted

Feb 03, 2014 @ 14:13

Much appreciated Per!

• Chris Ashton 57 posts 89 karma points
    Feb 03, 2014 @ 14:44
    Chris Ashton

Good skills, many thanks.

• bob baty-barr 1180 posts 1294 karma points MVP
    Feb 14, 2014 @ 23:19
    bob baty-barr

i am having some issues using MNTP with members... does not appear to be saving them with the node? i select the members, click teh select(2) button... the panel slides back... but add button is still there.

thoughts?

• bob baty-barr 1180 posts 1294 karma points MVP
    Feb 14, 2014 @ 23:22
    bob baty-barr

update: it appears that i can set the options to minimum of 1 and max of 1 and it allows me to pick exactly one... other combos... fail

• Chester Campbell 98 posts 209 karma points
    Feb 18, 2014 @ 00:26
    Chester Campbell

I don't think this filter is working the way it used to. Currently, I have a 7.0.3 site set up with some content being used in a MNTP. This content is created with two document types: Tag and TagFolder. As you can imagine, I create TagFolder content nodes that have child nodes of type Tag.

If I set the "Filter out items with type" to "TagFolder" my expectation is that in the MNTP I can browser through the tree but can only select the Tag nodes and not the TagFolder nodes.

But that's not the case. In the MNTP I can select a TagFolder node but I am blocked some selecting any child nodes of a TagFolder node.

This is not how I remember this functionality working prior to v7.

• John Ligtenberg 53 posts 214 karma points
    Mar 04, 2014 @ 15:09
    John Ligtenberg

I'm having good results in a multilingual Umbraco 7.0.3 site. E.g. I'm using $site/descendant::*[@nodeTypeAlias = 'NewsContainer'] to limit the visible nodes to the folder with the news items, and setting "Filter out items with type" to "News" to ensure that the selectable items are only of the "News" DocumentType.

• Jess Bonde 25 posts 55 karma points
    Mar 03, 2015 @ 14:57
    Jess Bonde

In previous versions of Multi-Node Tree Picker I was able to filter out nodes of the same docType, looking at property values on the node.
    ex. a docType with a True/False property could be filtered out with //Product [soldOut="1"] or something like that.
    Is this still possible? I'm on version 7.2.0

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft