Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lars Horne-Mortensen 40 posts 184 karma points
    Jan 29, 2014 @ 13:48
    Lars Horne-Mortensen

Cache problems in custom tree after package install.

Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of migrating a package from older Umbraco versions to Umbraco 7. So far most things seems to work without much trouble, but there's a problem with our custom tree implementation.

After installing the package, and navigating to the new section with the custom tree, nothing happens when clicking on the nodes. This is the type of error i'm seeing in the console:

Error evaluating js callback from legacy tree node: ReferenceError: openProductCatalogGroup is not defined

The error would suggest that, the javascript functions defined in the RenderJS method in the BaseTree class, is not getting appended to the page.

The tree works when clearing the cache and refreshing the browser, but that isn't really a great solution, user experience wise.

I found this entry in the bug tracker: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-4011 which seems to be related to the tree cache problem, but upgrading to Umbraco 7.0.2, doesn't seem to have fixed the problem.

Any ideas?

• David Brendel 792 posts 2970 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jan 31, 2014 @ 14:22
    David Brendel

As far as i know the HQ is working on that problem. Currently you have to clear the cache after you installed a package. Hope this gets fixed in the next update.

But when migrating to v7 maybe it would be good to also convert from BaseTree to the new TreeController.

• Comment author was deleted

Jan 31, 2014 @ 14:23

Yeah just hit f5 for that one, from 7.0.2 Umbraco will refresh the browser when you install a package so should be taken care of

• Morten Skjoldager 440 posts 1499 karma points
    Feb 03, 2014 @ 11:34
    Morten Skjoldager

Hi Tim,

This isn't fixed in 7.0.2 i still see need to refresh the browser cache by doing a refresh of the browser, which is very unfortunate when people don't know that when installing our package. 

Regards Morten.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft