Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lars F Hansen 9 posts 29 karma points
    Mar 27, 2014 @ 00:55
    Lars F Hansen

Spinner always present in content area of custom plugins

When I create custom plugins a spinner seems to be present at all times in the frame of the plugin content. The spinner looks like this:

Anyone got any idea where this one comes from and how to get rid of it? It's slightly... annoying.

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 5x admin c-trib
    Mar 27, 2014 @ 06:51
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

Umbraco has some very strong cache so you might have to clear it. More info here: http://our.umbraco.org/contribute/releases/703

"Google Chrome has notoriously aggressive caching, so if something doesn't seem to work well in the backoffice, make sure to clear cache and cookies thoroughly (for other browsers as well). 

One way to nudge the cache in Chrome is to open the developer tools (F12) and go to the settings (the cog icon). There will be a checkbox that says "Disable cache (while DevTools is open)". Once this checkbox is on you can refresh the page and the cache should be invalidated. To force it even more, the "reload" button next to your address bar now has extra options when you right-click it. It should have "Normal reload", "Hard reload" and "Empty cache and hard reload" now. The last option is the most thorough and you might want to try that."

Also make sure to set compilation debug="true” in web.config.

Jeroen

Mar 27, 2014 @ 16:29
    Lars F Hansen

It doesn't seem to be related to any client as i get the same issue from all browsers and machines (including phones).

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Mar 27, 2014 @ 17:05
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Lars

What version of Umbraco are you using?

/Jan

Mar 27, 2014 @ 17:08
    Lars F Hansen

From the help section it says 7.0.4 assembly: 1.0.5161.21054

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Mar 27, 2014 @ 18:22
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Lars

Ok - I'm not sure but perhaps this issue is fixed in the 7.1 release - Could you perhaps test the 7.1RC to see if you still get this error on this install?

/Jan

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jul 14, 2014 @ 17:28
    Tim

Did you ever solve this? I have the same issue. I can't for the life of me find the code that loads that spinner in so that I can try and turn it off....... Having this issue in 7.1.4.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft