Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brian 77 posts 251 karma points
    Apr 11, 2014 @ 18:37
    Brian

User Registration and logon system for Ver7?

Hi guys,

I'm looking to develop a platform that includes a user registration logon service that links through to a hidden members only part of the website plus each user will have a time-out (e.g. 28 days) after which point that user wil no longer be able to login to the members section.

Appreciate that this is fairly specific but does anybody know either of a package that does the job already or a method in which I could implement this easily into a site?

Cheers as ever

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 11, 2014 @ 18:45
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Brian

This can definitely be done. I know some things have changed in the way that the Member API work and that members by default have som default properties. If I remember correctly one of them is a "timeout/last-loggedin" property, which can be used to check the last time someone was logged in and then decide what do do.

If it's not a default property then you can easily add a property based on a textstring where you timestamp this filed the first time a member logs ind and then you just check this timestamp instead.

I know the guys made some Razor snippets for giving one a head start for working with members too when creating a partial view macro. Don't know if one of them perhaps already do what you're after though.

I hope this helps.

/Jan

• Brian 77 posts 251 karma points
    Apr 14, 2014 @ 08:15
    Brian

Hi Jan,

That's great, thanks for that.  I'm predominantly a front end designer able to dabble in the odd XSLT so all of that sounds a bit above my current skillset, is there a section on this website where I can offer this out as a project?  ideally I'm looking for somebody from the West Midlands in the UK.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 14, 2014 @ 08:42
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Brian

I think you should at least try exploring it and have a go to see if you can make a POC (Proof of concept) of what you want to achieve. If not you can post for paid help in this section http://our.umbraco.org/forum/jobs/jobs

Cheers, Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft