Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Yann Perrin 6 posts 26 karma points
    May 07, 2014 @ 03:44
    Yann Perrin

Umbraco 7 Managing Tags

Hi all,

Sorry I am a bit of a newbie. I have been going over the source code a little and I could not find an easy way for me to do this.

I am trying to list the tags for a given group, that I can do. But then I am trying to load all documents associated with a tag, potentially remove a tag not in use.

Being able to rename a tag would also be nice. Basically funcitonality from TagManager but a little more specific to our configuration and some of it I would want to show in the UI as well.

Now I looked for an API where I could get documents/nodes for a given tag or delete a tag. There does not seem to be anything quite like that. I could follow the road taken by TagManager and directly access the tables but before I went there I wanted to make sure there is not anything else available for me to use.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

May 12, 2014 @ 20:27
    Yann Perrin

ok I have given up and using the DatabaseContext to get some information about the tags.

Here is what I am using for now in case someone comes up with a better way

public static IList<Tags> GetTags(DatabaseContext databaseContext, string[] group = null)
           {
               var sql = new StringBuilder("Select id, tag as name, [group], count(cmsTagRelationship.nodeid) as documentcount From cmsTags, cmsTagRelationship where cmsTags.id = cmsTagRelationship.tagId");
               sql.Append(" group by id, tag, [group]");
               sql.Append(" order by [group], tag");
               var db = databaseContext.Database;
               var tagList = db.Fetch<Tag>(sql.ToString());

Thanks

• Søren Reinke 158 posts 206 karma points c-trib
    Jun 25, 2014 @ 11:34
    Søren Reinke

Take a look at the new TagService:
    https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/blob/7.1.5/src/Umbraco.Core/Services/TagService.cs

Maybe it can help you? 

Jun 25, 2014 @ 13:38
    Yann Perrin

I had to come up with something, so I am using database and Petapoco. 

This way I can create the equivalent of a tag cloud and getting number of documents per tag. Also created a related documents using tags, the more tgas they have in common the more related they are. Not that great but good enough.

Thanks for the help, I will see if I can use it to improve what I have already implemented.

• Jonas Eriksson 930 posts 1825 karma points
    Jul 04, 2014 @ 16:05
    Jonas Eriksson

TagQuery is the recommended way afaiu, i.e Umbraco.TagQuery.GetContentByTagGroup("default"); <- returns all IPublishedContent with tags in that group. However it does also return some with empty tags it seems. So Umbraco.TagQuery.GetContentByTagGroup("default").Where(d=>d.HasValue("myTagProperty")) is better.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft