Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• fabrice 104 posts 227 karma points
    Jul 28, 2014 @ 11:54
    fabrice

Umbraco 7 Custom Section : Change top left search box

Hello,

I have developed a custom section for Umbraco 7 (Normal angular JS way).

Is it possible to change the behaviour/look of the Search box at the top left (above the tree) ?

If not, is it possible to search on a custom index instead of the Internal one ?

Many thanks

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jul 28, 2014 @ 12:09
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

If you look at other custom sections (for example seo checker) and you try to search it will show the content results. I don't know if you can override that with your own search, but the easiest way to find out is to look at the source code and see how the search for content works.

Jeroen

• fabrice 104 posts 227 karma points
    Jul 28, 2014 @ 13:33
    fabrice

OK thank you.

I knew about SEO Checker search, I also tried other packages with custom section (Calendar, Merchello), it's all the same.

I just checked the source code (search.controller.js, search.service.js), it doesn't seem that you can change it (but i'm might be wrong...)

• Dennis 33 posts 238 karma points
    Sep 26, 2014 @ 11:55
    Dennis

I just stumbled over this, and would like to implement the same behaviour. Has anyone solved this?

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Sep 26, 2014 @ 12:15
    Dave Woestenborghs

In theory this should be possible.

If you got this file in your website umbraco\Views\directives\umb-navigation.html you see the code that is used to wire up the tree and search box.

The $scope in this directive has a property called currentSection.

So you can try to update the umb-navigation.html to check which section you are in and try to show a different search box.

Dave

• Comment author was deleted

Mar 25, 2015 @ 21:06

Bump.  I need a custom search too but I can't change the core files because it's a package that needs it's own custom search.

Mar 25, 2015 @ 21:16

Feature request logged: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-6461

Jun 26, 2015 @ 19:52
  • David Brendel 792 posts 2970 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jun 26, 2015 @ 22:13
    David Brendel

Hi Kevin,

can I only use the interceptor when I'm on my custom section? So the normal behavior is used unless on my custom section?

Regards David

Jun 26, 2015 @ 22:16

It's a little trickier than that. So essentially it swaps it out altogether for all requests. You can try to modify it to do certain behaviors based on certain factors. The issue I ran into right away was the AngularJs caching mechanism. So think of it as a starting point and you'll have to flesh it out for your specific need.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft