Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jose 2 posts 22 karma points
    Feb 10, 2015 @ 16:41
    Jose

MVC Razor Views in backend

Hello,

I am trying to move from Umbraco 6 version to Umbraco 7 (7.2.1) with big backend made in Razor. I have been looking about information how to put this running in Umbraco 7 but i only can use AngularJS inside App_Plugins folder and I can't use my Views in Razor there. Do I have to rebuild everything? or there is a way to use my current views with Umbraco 7 (only talking about backend)

Another issue is about the Tree, in the old version I had an Application and a Tree where each node go to a different Controller, now i have seen the Tree is working only with one Controller :( 

[PluginController("xxx"))

Is there a way to say for example:
    When i create the Tree now i have these, it mades to me more or less what i want but using AngularJS:
    var route = string.Format("/BackEnd/BackEndTree/{0}/{0}", controllerName);
    Thanks very much!!
  • Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 10, 2015 @ 16:56
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jose and welcome to our :)

You should be able to attach a controller for each tree if I'm not mistaken. Perhaps Tim Geyssens blogpost here http://www.nibble.be/?p=440 can help?

When you say big backend...what do you mean then? Is it a custom section with many trees? Then perhaps having a look in the source code for packages like Merchello and Google Analytics for Umbraco could be of use so you can see how they do things maybe?

Hope this helps a bit.

/Jan

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 10, 2015 @ 16:57
    Jan Skovgaard

..Also make sure to visit the documentation about sections and trees here https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Extending-Umbraco/Section-Trees/

/Jan

• Jose 2 posts 22 karma points
    Feb 10, 2015 @ 17:00
    Jose

Thanks a lot about the documentation Jan... I will take a look about Section Trees

My big problem is about AngularJS and Razor backend views because we have a backend with almost 400 different Views and if we have to rebuild all the views without Razor I can buy a gun I think :)

• user33 9 posts 56 karma points
    Feb 17, 2015 @ 15:57
    user33

You can use the views with Razor code as partial views and call it from surface controllers. No need to rebuild the entire code.

controller

==========

public class SampleController : SurfaceController

{

public ActionResult Index()

{

return PartialView("sampleView", new SampleModel());

}

}

View

==============

@using sample.Controllers

@model sample.Models.sampleModel

@using (Html.BeginUmbracoForm<sample.Controllers.sampleController>)

{         

<!-- Razor code-->
    }

• mmaty 108 posts 280 karma points
    Apr 27, 2016 @ 08:25
    mmaty

@Jose: I have a similar situation. I don't think, the answers up to this Point were very helpful.

Did you find a solution?

-- Mirko

• Marcio Goularte 374 posts 1346 karma points
    Oct 23, 2017 @ 22:06
  • Jonathan Roberts 409 posts 1063 karma points
    Aug 30, 2019 @ 11:21
    Jonathan Roberts

Is there a nicer way to do this in Umbraco 8?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft