Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Takashi Koyama 15 posts 56 karma points
    Feb 12, 2015 @ 17:37
    Takashi Koyama

Unable to installa contour form

I obtained a UmbracoContour_3.0.21.zip by attending the Umbraco seminar.  We installed the Umbraco CMS in one of our servers.  Each time I tried to install the contour form, the CMS breaks.  Here is the error I got.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could not load types from assembly Umbraco.Forms.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, errors:
    Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Method 'ExportForm' in type 'Umbraco.Forms.Web.Providers.Export.ExportToExcel' from assembly 'Umbraco.Forms.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.
    Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Method 'ExportForm' in type 'Umbraco.Forms.Web.Providers.Export.ExportToHtml' from assembly 'Umbraco.Forms.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Could not load types from assembly Umbraco.Forms.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, errors:
    Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Method 'ExportForm' in type 'Umbraco.Forms.Web.Providers.Export.ExportToExcel' from assembly 'Umbraco.Forms.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.
    Exception: System.TypeLoadException: Method 'ExportForm' in type 'Umbraco.Forms.Web.Providers.Export.ExportToHtml' from assembly 'Umbraco.Forms.Web, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.

How do I fix this?  

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Feb 12, 2015 @ 18:30
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Takashi,

What exact version you Umbraco are you trying to install Contour on.

Looking forward to hear from you.

/Dennis

Feb 12, 2015 @ 18:35
    Takashi Koyama

Hi, Dennis.

The version is 7.2.1.

Feb 12, 2015 @ 18:42
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Takashi,

For Umbraco 7.2.1 you need to use the Umbraco Forms instead of Contour. Umbraco Forms is the replacement for Contour from Umbraco 7.2 and forward. If you are logged into the Umbraco backoffice you should see a section in the left side called Forms, if you click on it then you can installed the Umbraco Forms module to your Umbraco installation.

So try to uninstall the Contour package, after you have uninstalled it, then click on the Forms section and install Umbraco Forms instead.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Feb 12, 2015 @ 19:03
    Takashi Koyama

Hi, Dennis.  Thank you for your quick reply.  I've tried to install the form and notcied the below.

During the seminar, we received umbracoForms.lic but it seems this license does not work for the new forms.

I just want to confirm that we need to purchase the license first to install the forms, correct?

Feb 12, 2015 @ 19:17
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Takashi,

The license file for Umbraco forms umbracoForms.lic needs to be binded to a domain to get work. But for trying out Umbraco Forms you donĀ“t need a license. So you can try out Umbraco Forms on your localhost, and if you like it, then you need to buy a license for your live environment.

The license for the Umbraco Forms, should be valid for 1 production domain, and 2 development domains.  Each domain includes all sub-domains (*.domain.tld), as well as .local extension (domain.tld.local).  The license also will include localhost as a valid domain.

As far as I are informed then you should be able to use the same license if you already have a Contour license, from and old Umbraco installation. If you have a license that you mean should work then I think you should take contact to the Umbraco HQ.http://umbraco.com/contact/send-us-an-email

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Feb 13, 2015 @ 00:16
    Takashi Koyama

Thank you for everything!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft