Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Governor Technology 146 posts 551 karma points
    Mar 16, 2015 @ 18:21
    Governor Technology

root/app_plugins VS umbraco/plugins requesting aspx page

Hi there

I've got a plugin that uses config/Dashboard.config to load a back office .NET user control on a new Content tab. The user control contains an anchor as follows:

<script type="text/javascript">
        function openPopup() {
            //CORRECT: This opens /umbraco/plugins/package/page.aspx in a popup window
            window.open('/umbraco/plugins/package/popup.aspx', '_blank');

//INCORRECT: This opens /umbraco/#/ in a popup window
            window.open('/app_plugins/package/popup.aspx', '_blank');
        }
    </script>

<asp:LinkButton runat="server" ID="btn" Text="text" OnClientClick="openPopup(); return false;" />

Based on the above, if window.open points to an aspx page in /App_Plugins/, then it opens the Umbraco backoffice in the popup. However if window.open points to an aspx page in /Umbraco/plugins/, then it opens the correct aspx page as anticipated in the popup.

This used to work in Umbraco 7.0.0 - 7.2.1, but in 7.2.2 this suddenly broke. Furthermore, there are no client side errors when clicking the link button and opening up the wrong page and nothing logged in the trace logs. I am using a clean install of Umbraco.

When it's opening up a new instance of the backoffice in the popup, I can see the initial URL in the popup is /umbraco/#/login which then immediately afterwards changes to /umbraco/#/

Is is possible that in 7.2.2 some backoffice behaviour changed that might be causing this in terms of the root App_Plugins folder?

Any help would be appreciated.

Rigardt

Mar 19, 2015 @ 10:07
    Governor Technology

Any ideas on this anyone?

Mar 20, 2015 @ 11:38
    Governor Technology

It appears that this is not an issue anymore in 7.2.3...must've only affected 7.2.2...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft