Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Mar 30, 2015 @ 23:46
    Nicholas Westby

Detecting Activation of Tab for Custom Dashboard

I have a dashboard I'm developing that I've configured like so in the dashboard.config:

enter image description here

Just a typical Umbraco 7 AngularJS dashboard (the controller is loaded using a package.manifest in the App_Plugins folder). My question relates to this tab:

enter image description here

Is there a nice way in my JavaScript controller to detect when "My New Tab" is activated?

Basically, I have to hit an API controller with a computationally expensive operation, and I'd like to avoid doing that unless users actually view the tab. My current workaround is to just hit the API controller when a button is clicked by the user.

My thought is that there must be some event that Umbraco emits whenever a tab is activated.

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Mar 31, 2015 @ 09:20
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

I'm currently unaware of such a feature. What you could try and do is inject some custom js and add an onclick on the tab for example. Have a look at this package to inject custom js: https://our.umbraco.org/projects/collaboration/backoffice-tweaking

Jeroen

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Mar 31, 2015 @ 19:52
    Nicholas Westby

Hi Jeroen,

Thanks for the tip. I can probably refer to the source code for that project to figure out how to target tabs, though I already have the technique I'd need to inject custom JS: https://our.umbraco.org/forum/developers/extending-umbraco/63379-Custom-CSSJavaScript-for-Umbraco-Backoffice

For now, I think I'll just stick with the button unless somebody else can chime in with an event that Umbraco emits whenever a tab is switched.

• Jonas Mersholm 2 posts 24 karma points
    Apr 08, 2015 @ 12:40
    Jonas Mersholm

Hi Nicholas.

I use the following script to handle TAB clicks in my custom section

In your HTML, add an ID to the elemnt containing your "controller" attribute for angular Etc.

<div id="myId" ng-controller="Section.Module.Controller" ng-show="loaded">

Then add this Jquery to your html

<script type="text/javascript">

$(function() {

$(document).on('click', 'a', function() {

if( $(this).attr('data-toggle') == "tab" ) {

if( $(this).attr('href') == "#tab3" ) {

var $scope = angular.element('#myID').scope();
                                           // Method to call in your Angular Controller
                                           $scope.logTab();
                                           // Digest the changes done by the controller
                                           $scope.$apply();
                                        }

}

});

});

</script>

Hope it helps. Jonas

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft