Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Zolomon 8 posts 38 karma points
    Jun 11, 2015 @ 13:31
    Zolomon

moveRootDocument deletes node instead of moving to specified parent?

Several questions:

1. Why can't you add multiple separate content nodes to be added in a package? You can add a selected node and its child nodes, but why not multiple nodes? I guess you need to make one package then for each document node?

2. With the below code snippet I am trying to move a document node - that I have added to the package - from the root node where it is placed by default upon installation on the staging site. The document named Login is of document type Logintest, and I want it to be placed as a child to the document with the name Homepage which is if document type Homepage. It is however deleted and resides in the Recycle Bin instead of under the Homepage document. I have two document nodes under the root node of document type Homepage, however they have two different names; "Startsida" and "Homepage".

<Actions>
      <Action runat="install" alias="publishRootDocument" documentName="Login" />
      <Action runat="install" alias="allowDocumenttype" documentTypeAlias="Logintest" parentDocumentTypeAlias="Homepage" />
      <Action runat="install" alias="moveRootDocument" documentName="Login" parentDocumentType="Homepage" parentDocumentName="Homepage" />
      <Actions>

What am I doing wrong? Am I forced to create a user control to install my changes manually using the Umbraco API?

• Zolomon 8 posts 38 karma points
    Jun 16, 2015 @ 08:43
    Zolomon

I decided to not use package actions at all due to lack of documentation in regards of the package system and chose to write my own custom user control that will handle installation.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft