Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nathan Woulfe 447 posts 1664 karma points MVP 5x hq c-trib
    Sep 01, 2015 @ 08:13
    Nathan Woulfe

Tag support in property editor

Does anyone know how to make this work? There's a coming soon in the docs for defining tags via manifest, so it must be possible.

I'm populating an editor from an external source and want the data available in other tags property editors. Everything persists correctly, but not into the tag table. I'm using Bloodhound as per the Umbraco tags editor but no joy.

On mobile now so no code, but can add it tomorrow if useful.

Cheers N

EDIT Rephrasing my question - how can I save data to the CmsTags table? I've looked through the Umbraco tags editor code and can't see anything in there pushing data. There's a reference here to tagging in property editors, but there's no actual info around how to achieve it.

• Warren Buckley 2106 posts 4836 karma points MVP ∞ admin hq c-trib
    Sep 01, 2015 @ 11:34
    Warren Buckley

Hi Nathan

Yes if you can provide a little more detail on what your trying to achieve please.

Are you trying to add the existing tags property editor as part of your own custom property editor

OR

are you trying to add the tags property editor as a prevalue editor (config) for your datatype?

Either way if you can provide a little more detail then I am sure the Umbraco community can come to the rescue.

Cheers,
    Warren

• Nathan Woulfe 447 posts 1664 karma points MVP 5x hq c-trib
    Sep 01, 2015 @ 11:55
    Nathan Woulfe

Hi Warren

Definitely the former - I want to use the tags functionality in the editor, not as a prevalue.

Will add code in the morning.

N

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft