Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Frederik Raabye 72 posts 276 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Nov 10, 2015 @ 12:30
    Frederik Raabye

Learning Management System in Umbraco

Does anyone know of a package that provides basic LMS functionality inside of Umbraco 7+?

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Nov 10, 2015 @ 12:37
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Frederik,

Try to have a look at the package called bookshelf from Kevin Giszewski https://our.umbraco.org/projects/backoffice-extensions/bookshelf/

Is it something like this that you are looking for? There are also a demo video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zunbKOPPf8U

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

Nov 10, 2015 @ 13:03
    Frederik Raabye

Hi Dennis

Thanks. Bookshelf would be an excellent part of such a system but I am looking for something a bit more advanced. Multi-level quizzes, course management and reporting for instance. Preferably with multi-tenant support. Ideally, the basic parts of a full-blown LMS like NetDimensions or Moodle.

The only Umbraco example I have found so far is http://www.jpllearning.com/services/ecolearn/.

Kind regards,

Frederik

• Mike 35 posts 100 karma points
    Nov 10, 2015 @ 14:03
    Mike

Hi Frederik,

We're the developers of Nogle which white labeled by our customer, JPL, as ecoLearn. I'd be happy to give you a demo of Nogle for Umbraco 7.x if you'd like.

Nogle has several core features:

1. Scorm 1.2 compliant and 2004v2. Nogle provides the administrator the ability to upload and unpack a Scorm1.2 packages. This allows the SCOs to be development in a wide variety of rapid development tools.
    2. Video SCO. Nogle provides the administrator the ability to configure a learning module use a video instead of a Scorm package. The member receives credit for completion of the module based on an amount of time the video plays.
    3. Rules engine. Nogle provides administrator the ability to configure a learning module to be displayed, hidden, or disabled on the site based on enrollment, date ranges, and prerequisites.
    4. Enrollment. Nogle’s enrollment rule allows administrator to configure a learning module to be available based on a member group or member login.
    5. Certifications designer. Nogle provide the administrator the ability to configure a certification for each module. A custom background image, font, color and overlaying text are all options available to the administrator in the certification designer.
    6. Email notification. Nogle allow the administrator to create emails that can be sent base on system events. Custom email templates can be easily built, configured, and made available to the administrator for selection.
    7. Reporting. Nogle’s reports are developed using Microsoft’s Reporting Definition Language.
    8. Fast and Reliable. It uses queuing for saving, plus rendering and sending emails and other notifications

Some other information you may find useful:

• Currently, LightsSoftware does not allow downloads of Nogle. LightsSoftware has implemented or trained the implementers on every solution. There has been a formal contract with each of our partners protecting our code base until we setup licensing and obfuscate the code base.

• We can setup a simple implementation of the LMS with in a day or two depending on our schedule, and we’d be happy to do that for you.

• The skinning of Nogle is no different than skinning any other Umbraco site. There is code that must be implemented to enforce rules (enrollment, etc) and the module launch script.

• Because It is built upon Umbraco, it relies on Umbraco membership for tracking the learner’s activity.

• The code base of Nogle follows many of Umbraco’s best practices. It has global events that fire from a few Singleton classes. These events create integration points for custom code.

• Nogle has no recurring costs.

• Dane Marshall 3 posts 74 karma points
    Jun 13, 2016 @ 09:04
    Dane Marshall

Hi Mike,

We would be interested in seeing a DEMO of Nogle and discussing this product further with you please.

Thanks, Dane

• Chris 1 post 20 karma points
    Oct 17, 2016 @ 08:38
    Chris

Hi Mike, could you kindly contact me so i can understand more? thx u

• John Dawson 24 posts 146 karma points
    Nov 14, 2018 @ 09:39
    John Dawson

Hi Mike.

I have been trying to find an LMS for Umbraco and this sounds ideal. I see the post is 3 years old though, is this still going?

Thanks,

John

• Mike 35 posts 100 karma points
    Nov 14, 2018 @ 17:56
    Mike

Yes it is, John. Feel free to reach out to me via e-mail: [email protected].

Thanks, ~Mike

Nov 11, 2015 @ 10:17
    Frederik Raabye

Thanks Mike, it would be interesting to learn more about it. I'll get in touch.

• Alexey 4 posts 20 karma points
    Jul 06, 2017 @ 10:01
    Alexey

Hi, everybody! Mike, do you have site for Nogle? I'd like to visit it and reading additional information about nogle. I am looking for good LMS for our company on ASP.NET, because we are write on it.

With regards, Vakulenko Alexey.

• johnclay123 1 post 71 karma points
    Mar 18, 2020 @ 09:37
    johnclay123

I Sugges to umbraco to make pin post about learning management system many are asking about umbraco LMS

• Mike 7 posts 74 karma points
    Apr 09, 2021 @ 15:36
    Mike

Hi all,

I know this an old post, but I'm letting everyone know that we're still delivering a great LMS within umbraco. You can read about it on Nogle's web site:

https://www.nogle-lms.com/

Thanks ~Mike

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft