Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Nov 22, 2013 @ 20:33
    Craig100

V7 SqlCEException

Hi,

Installed V7.0.0 twice now using Visual Studio Gallery Umbraco Project against an SQL CE DB. Each time, when navigating the main sections on the empty site backend, I get this error: "ProfiledDbCommend.cs not found", the full stack trace:-

System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeException was unhandled by user code
      HResult=-2147467259
      Message=The column name is not valid. [ Node name (if any) = ,Column name = propertyEditorAlias ]
      Source=SQL Server Compact ADO.NET Data Provider
      ErrorCode=-2147467259
      NativeError=25503
      StackTrace:
           at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ProcessResults(Int32 hr)
           at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.CompileQueryPlan()
           at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior behavior, String method, ResultSetOptions options)
           at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
           at System.Data.SqlServerCe.SqlCeCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
           at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
           at StackExchange.Profiling.Data.ProfiledDbCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) in c:\Code\github\SamSaffron\MiniProfiler\StackExchange.Profiling\Data\ProfiledDbCommand.cs:line 235
           at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader()
           at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass4.<ExecuteReaderWithRetry>b__3()

Is this an Umbraco issue or an issue with the VS Gallery Extension? Kind of keen to give V7 a run out and this is disappointing.

Cheers,

Craig

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Nov 23, 2013 @ 00:41
    Craig100

Everything works if installing from nuget. So guess the issue is the Visual Studio Extension. Hope it can be fixed as it was pretty cool when installing the RC last week. Interestingly, the nuget install screens are black whereas via the extension they're orange.

Cheers,

Craig

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Dec 03, 2013 @ 10:13
    Dan Lister

Try removing any database connection string and restarting your site. Once I removed the connection string, I was able to proceed to the install pages.

• Matt Wilkinson 3 posts 33 karma points
    Sep 23, 2014 @ 16:37
    Matt Wilkinson

I am getting the same issue. I am pretty new to Umbraco so may well be making a silly mistake!

I have a created a new database, created a sql user and added to the connection strings of Umbraco. Then set the permissions in so IISUser can write to the local app_data folder. I then blank the version number and hit the backoffice. I get the install screen, but it never finishes.

Here is the relavant part of the log output.

2014-09-23 15:29:01,123 [7] WARN  Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule - [Thread 9] Umbraco is not configured
    2014-09-23 15:29:01,304 [7] INFO  Umbraco.Core.ApplicationContext - [Thread 8] CurrentVersion different from configStatus: '7.1.6',''
    2014-09-23 15:29:01,486 [7] INFO  Umbraco.Core.Persistence.UmbracoDatabase - [Thread 8]    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData()
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, SqlDataReader ds)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteScalar()
       at StackExchange.Profiling.Data.ProfiledDbCommand.ExecuteScalar() in c:\Code\github\SamSaffron\MiniProfiler\StackExchange.Profiling\Data\ProfiledDbCommand.cs:line 318
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.PetaPocoCommandExtensions.<>c__DisplayClassa.<ExecuteScalarWithRetry>b__9()
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.FaultHandling.RetryPolicy.ExecuteAction[TResult](Func`1 func)
       at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Database.ExecuteScalar[T](String sql, Object[] args)

• Sunil George 1 post 21 karma points
    Apr 15, 2015 @ 16:41
    Sunil George

I got the same error.

Changing the database option to SQL Server Express solved the issue.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft