Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ferdy Hoefakker 214 posts 248 karma points
    Dec 03, 2013 @ 10:57
    Ferdy Hoefakker

U7 datatype errors

Our umbraco 7 installation is giving errors when trying to make a datatype that uses one of the following property editors:

• Umbraco.CheckBoxList
    • Umbraco.ColorPickerAlias
    • Umbraco.DropDown
    • Umbraco.DropDownMultiple
    • Umbraco.DropdownlistMultiplePublishKeys
    • Umbraco.DropdownlistPublishingKeys
    • Umbraco.UploadField
    • Umbraco.RadioButtonList

I get a pop-up message that says:

Server error: Contact administrator, see log for full details. Failed to save data for data type id 1197

Checking the log table in Umbraco gives me nothing to work with, as all it says is "Save DataTypeDefinition performed by user"

Checking the network tab on my developer toolbar I see a post being made to /umbraco/UmbracoApi/DataType which results in a Server 500 error with the following response:

{"Message":"An error has occurred.","ExceptionMessage":"The given key was not present in the dictionary.","ExceptionType":"System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException","StackTrace":" at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary2.get_Item(TKey key)\r\n at Umbraco.Web.PropertyEditors.ValueListPreValueEditor.ConvertEditorToDb(IDictionary2 editorValue, PreValueCollection currentValue)\r\n at Umbraco.Web.Editors.DataTypeController.PostSave(DataTypeSave dataType)\r\n at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )\r\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>cDisplayClass13.c(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)\r\n at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.Execute(Object instance, Object[] arguments)\r\n at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskHelpers.RunSynchronously[TResult](Func`1 func, CancellationToken cancellationToken)"}

How do I fix this?

-Ferdy

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Dec 03, 2013 @ 11:49
    Per Ploug

Hi ferdy

Is this an upgrade of an old site or a clean V7 site? - I believe we've already patched this issue for 7.0.1 tho.

/Per

Dec 03, 2013 @ 12:06
    Ferdy Hoefakker

It is a clean install of Umbraco 7. I tried this with 2 different installs on 2 separate machines. Both running Windows 8.1, using SQL 2012.

-Ferdy

• marcelh 171 posts 471 karma points
    Dec 03, 2013 @ 13:01
    marcelh

Same issue here, plain vanilla install of 7.0.0

Dec 04, 2013 @ 08:58
    Ferdy Hoefakker

@Per,

While that is nice, is there a release date for 7.0.1? Because it is currently being a pain in the ass :P

-Ferdy

Dec 04, 2013 @ 09:35
    Per Ploug

7.0.1 is set to Dec 12th - I would probably take one of the nightly builds from here to test if its actually fixed, would be a bummer to wait for 7.0.1 just figure out it wasnt that bug we fixed :)

7.0.1 nightlies: http://nightly.umbraco.org/umbraco%207.0.1/

• Pinal Bhatt 298 posts 390 karma points
    Dec 04, 2013 @ 23:23
    Pinal Bhatt

Me too seeing same error in U7 fresh install.

Do we have any solution in 7.0 or we need to wait for 7.0.1?

Dec 05, 2013 @ 08:26
    Per Ploug

You cant fix it your self in 7.0.0, but you can either wait for 7.0.1 final, or get one of the 7.0.1 nightlies.

• GA 5 posts 26 karma points
    Dec 05, 2013 @ 19:41
    GA

How do we fix it ourseleves in 7.0.0?

Dec 06, 2013 @ 09:08
    Per Ploug

As I just posted, you cannot fix it yourself, you need to get one of the latest 7.0.1 nightly builds

http://nightly.umbraco.org/umbraco%207.0.1/

• Josh Olson 79 posts 207 karma points
    Dec 06, 2013 @ 09:24
    Josh Olson

Same error here on a vanilla install of 7.0.0. Six more days isn't too much to wait, but pretty annoying I must say.

Regardless, thanks to all who worked on U7. Aside for some small speedbumps, a great improvment in speed an usability.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft