Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew 7 posts 37 karma points
    Dec 04, 2013 @ 04:46
    Andrew

U7 - Umbraco published content not displaying

U7 seems a bit rocky; anyhow I am having an issue with publishing content (it publishes but it kind of dosn't?) so on to the logs!

2013-12-04 03:04:26,982 [16] INFO  Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 33] Starting resolution types of umbraco.cms.businesslogic.macro.IMacroEngine
    2013-12-04 03:04:26,998 [16] INFO  Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 33] Completed resolution of types of umbraco.cms.businesslogic.macro.IMacroEngine, found 2 (took 13ms)
    2013-12-04 03:26:37,370 [16] INFO  Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 35] Starting resolution types of Umbraco.Core.PropertyEditors.PropertyEditor
    2013-12-04 03:26:37,385 [16] INFO  Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 35] Completed resolution of types of Umbraco.Core.PropertyEditors.PropertyEditor, found 33 (took 14ms)
    2013-12-04 03:27:16,573 [16] WARN  Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule - [Thread 35] Umbraco has no content
    2013-12-04 03:28:09,651 [16] INFO  Umbraco.Core.Publishing.PublishingStrategy - [Thread 37] Content 'Mah Site :)' with Id '1065' has been published.
    2013-12-04 03:28:09,932 [16] ERROR Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 37] Error creating type Umbraco.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedPropertyType+CompatConverter
    System.MissingMethodException: No parameterless constructor defined for this object.
       at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
       at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
       at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
       at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
       at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
       at Umbraco.Core.PluginManager.CreateInstances[T](IEnumerable`1 types, Boolean throwException)

Here is a screenshot of the document / template tree:

enter image description here

If there are other locations where logs are being dumped that would be great to know; also as a note as far as the backoffice is concerned no errors were displayed when I created the content and published it.

When I hit the newly created homepage I also get a "The service is unavailable." message at first I thought this was because there was no content but I don't know anymore.

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Dec 04, 2013 @ 10:15
    Per Ploug

Moving this into the U7 forum

Dec 04, 2013 @ 10:18
    Per Ploug

What do you mean by its publishing - but kindda doesnt?

Dec 04, 2013 @ 15:48
    Andrew

The backoffice says that the content nodes have been published but when I load up the page it throws a 404 stating that their is no content on "/" and I get the above error in the app logs.

Additional Notes: I can get around the issue by installing a starter kit on a fresh instance of Umbraco (Responsive TXT one) however as far as I can tell my document types arn't any different in layout in comparison. Do the starter kits configure some MVC setting I am unaware of?

Dec 05, 2013 @ 08:30
    Per Ploug

nope, starter-kits are just regular types and templates, so should be indentical to what you are building.

Might be unrelated, but the structure of your document types looks a little off tho, all types seem to inherite from each other, so blog post inherites fields from blog category, categry from the blog, and blog from site root?

Could you show me the properties of the type of document you are trying to publish, also is it on IIS or IIS express, SQL Ce or sql server?

/Per

• Nenad Kosanovic 18 posts 56 karma points
    Dec 05, 2013 @ 12:10
    Nenad Kosanovic

I have problem with some pages, I can't save and publhis. This is What I get in log file :

2013-12-05 12:08:49,586 [7] ERROR Umbraco.Core.PluginManager - [Thread 12] Error creating type Umbraco.Core.Models.PublishedContent.PublishedPropertyType+CompatConverterSystem.MissingMethodException: No parameterless constructor defined for this object.   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)

at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)

at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)

at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)

at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)

at Umbraco.Core.PluginManager.CreateInstances[T](IEnumerable`1 types, Boolean throwException)

Dec 05, 2013 @ 19:26
    Andrew

@Per It's an IIS8 Box using the SQL CE (the embedded one as I haven't had any lucky getting it to work with MySQL); the document structure was basically the same way I setup v4.6? (The one that just got MVC support) so I was just following how I set the document types up in that since I knew it worked before.

The only properties I had setup are just an RTE in the Site Root Document as I was just testing it out.

I then created a content node as following:

Site Root -> Static Page

and just added some lorem ipsum into the inherited RTE.

Dec 07, 2013 @ 18:42
    Andrew

Haha I feel silly saying this but it turns out that i and l look pretty damn near the same in some fonts and that a simple typo caused all of this.

I still am seeing the exception thrown in the logs above when I created new content nodes but it doesn't appear to be affecting anything.

• Shannon Deminick 1526 posts 5272 karma points MVP 3x
    Mar 11, 2014 @ 06:29
    Shannon Deminick

Looking into some of these exceptions now, for reference, these are also mentioned here:

• Shannon Deminick 1526 posts 5272 karma points MVP 3x
    Mar 11, 2014 @ 07:02
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft