Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Henry 4 posts 24 karma points
    Dec 07, 2013 @ 12:08
    Henry

Unable to create strongly typed view in VS2013

Hi,

I'm having trouble creating a strongly typed view in Visual Studion 2013. I have installed Umbraco 7 using the nuget package.
    What happens is when in the "Add View" dialogue, I select the "Create a strongly-typed view", and the dialogue box "crashed" (closes).

I created a blank MVC 4 application without installing Umbraco, and I was able to select the strongly-typed view box.

I think there may be some conflict with the referenced MVC DLLs. I've tried removing and re-adding System.Web.Mvc, System.Web.Abstractions, and System.Web.Routing. I've cleared out the bin folder, and re-built, but still having the above issue.

Anyone else have this problem?

[Update]

After some trial and error, managed to narrow down what was causing the problem. It was the project reference to the Our.Umbraco.uGoLive.47x.dll. Once removed I was able to check the strongly-typed option.

I hope that helps someone.

Cheers,

Henry

• Dave 1 post 21 karma points
    Dec 22, 2014 @ 19:55
    Dave

I am having the same issue. Can you give a little insight on what you did to troubleshoot? My project does not have that reference.

Dave D.

• pushpendu 23 posts 113 karma points
    Dec 30, 2014 @ 06:53
    pushpendu

Hi,

I am also having the same issue, I have tested in Visual studio 2012 as well as in VS community edition. Same thing happens.

Pushpendu

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft