Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alessandro 21 posts 51 karma points
    Dec 10, 2013 @ 11:10
    Alessandro

TinyMCE and Umbraco 7

Hi

i'm trying to use umbraco 7 on a new website. I have a document type with a property of type "Rich Text Editor". In the RTE i cant find the option to specify the target on a link inside text (like in the screenshot).

screenshot

It's my mistake?

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Dec 11, 2013 @ 11:55
    Per Ploug

7.0.1 will have this, its an oversight that this was not included:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-7/using-umbraco-7/46786-Issues-inserting-Links-in-Rich-Text-Editor

Dec 11, 2013 @ 12:19
    Alessandro

Thanks Per another small question about RTE. There's a way to insert an image that not came from media section but from a direct link (ex from an external FTP)? I tried to use either "media picker" button either "embed" one but i had no success using both

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Dec 11, 2013 @ 13:42
    Per Ploug

Currently not, but its a good point that there should be a way, too late for 7.0.1, but will add it as an important feature for the next sprint

Dec 11, 2013 @ 14:11
    Alessandro

Thanks

• qrayg 24 posts 92 karma points
    Oct 09, 2014 @ 18:21
    qrayg

I really wish this would have been left out. Target is only entended for use on sites built with framesets which was invented pre-server-side language. This option is the bane of my existance as I'm constantly scrubbing through sites to remove the target attribute. I can remove the option from TinyMCE but then customers are going to call and complain that the option is in the dialog so it should work on their site.

_blank was only ever intended to be used to break out of frames, along with _parent. Opening a new window DOES NOT "keep people from leaving your site". All it does is:

1. break the back button
    2. confuse mobile/touch users
    3. discriminate against handicapped users.

It's sad that I have to modify core Umbraco to remove the target option, it should not be there to begin with as it's an outdated obsolete attribute.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft