Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gianluca 56 posts 79 karma points
    Dec 11, 2013 @ 16:55
    Gianluca

Umbraco 6.0.5, very slow to display 100 children in backend

Hi there,

We have a node in the content tree with roughly 100 children. These are news items. 

When exploding the backend treenode, it takes several time before I can see any item in the content tree.

Is there any way to speed up Umbraco's performances?

Thanks in advance,

Gianluca.

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Dec 12, 2013 @ 12:22
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

You could try uDateFoldersy so the news items are in multiple folders. That way it won't load everything in 1 time.

Jeroen

• Gianluca 56 posts 79 karma points
    Dec 16, 2013 @ 13:14
    Gianluca

Hi Jeroen, 

Thank you for pointing out that useful link. In another instance (for another custom), we have implemented that kind of subpartinioning (I did not know about uDateFoldersy, my bad!).

However I would like to understand why Umbraco is so slow if the number of children increase over 100 items. In this forum and in few Internet websites, there are people saying that performance keeps under 1 second even with thousands of items!

In my case, we are talking about rougly 200 items with no multiple versions. The queries executed by the CMS should not be so heavy to justify the slowness. 

I have not tried yet to SQL Profile the queries at the moment of expanding the umbraco Tree. I will let you know about that. 

In the meantime, is there anyone who can formulate any hypothesis that might explain the excessive drop of performance? 

Thanks in advance,

Gianluca.

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Dec 16, 2013 @ 13:21
    Jeroen Breuer

Maybe it's related to the server where the website or database is hosted. A customer (which did their own hosting) complained about the backoffice being slow all the sudden. They had installed a virus scanner on the database server which caused all kind of troubles. After that the website was fast again.

Jeroen

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft