Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Luc 17 posts 37 karma points
    Dec 11, 2013 @ 18:53
    Luc

Session Times out after a few minutes

I've installed Umbraco 7 and over the last few days, it's been kicking me out (session timeout) and asking me to log in time and time again. That just a few minutes apart. Anybody else getting the same problems. Any solution?

• antao 81 posts 371 karma points
    Dec 11, 2013 @ 19:01
    antao

Hey Luc,

This is probably answered somewhere in Our, but ther's a key, under your appsettings.config called "umbracoTimeOutInMinutes" change that value for you that is suitable for you.

Dec 11, 2013 @ 19:11
    Luc

Thanks for the reply.

It's currently set a 20 minutes right now which I believe is default. I probably log in 10 times during that period. So I doubt that this is the problem. 

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Dec 12, 2013 @ 09:51
    Per Ploug

I believe the session is pretty time sensitive, is your computer and server clocks set correctly?

• Alessandro 21 posts 51 karma points
    Dec 12, 2013 @ 10:02
  • Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Dec 12, 2013 @ 10:50
    Per Ploug

When logged in, can you see what cookies you get assigned (chrome devtools can tell you that under resources)

• Alessandro 21 posts 51 karma points
    Dec 12, 2013 @ 10:54
    Alessandro

UMB_UCONTEXT

Dec 12, 2013 @ 15:27
    Luc

UMB_UCONTEXT

Dec 12, 2013 @ 18:39
    Luc

restarting the site does not seem to do anything as well

• Leo van der Hoek 14 posts 63 karma points
    Feb 07, 2014 @ 11:37
    Leo van der Hoek

This is annoying me too! Finally I got started on a configuration with V7 and Bootstrap and I cannot find the umbracoTimeOutInMinutes setting in the whole project with Find. Is there a way to set the time out?

Feb 07, 2014 @ 15:39
    Luc

It suddenly stopped for me once the site was pretty much done with. It seems that when working in the Settings section and saving a lot,  I was getting login prompted. Does not make any sense to me.. My users were not complaining about the issue... and they were working on content only.

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Jun 17, 2014 @ 17:02
    Craig100

I have a client who's pulling her hair out about this on a V7.1.2 site. keepUserLoggedIn doesn't exist any more in the web.config and the umbracoTimeOutInMinutes is set to 20. I'm just wondering if the system understand Ajax calls as activity. I'm getting a lot of grief for this anyway, she wants to sit and "create" her content online (I know) so 20 mins isn't long enough for her but she's often booted out after 5 or 10 minutes.

Any advice to get Umbraco to respect the umbracoTimeOutInMinutes setting at least would be appreciated.

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Jul 16, 2014 @ 17:17
    Douglas Robar

As memory serves, you set the following entry to true and you'll never get logged out. Not what I'd want for a production environment but rather handy for local development I find.

<security>
        <!-- set to true to auto update login interval (and there by disabling the lock screen -->
        <keepUserLoggedIn>true</keepUserLoggedIn>
    </security>

How did I find this setting for the /config/umbracoSettings.config file? It is one of those that isn't included by default but is noted in the documentation link listed at the top of the file (the umbracoSettings.config file was getting mega bloat so rarely used options were removed but you can always add them back in).

http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Using-Umbraco/Config-files/umbracoSettings/

Hope this helps.

cheers,
    doug.

• Lee Zoumas 8 posts 90 karma points
    Oct 23, 2015 @ 13:36
     Lee Zoumas

Hi,

The exact same thing is happening to me. I downloaded version 7.3.0 assembly: 1.0.5774.15363 and am trying to debug in VS 2015. I can login, but after I make a few settings changes, I get logged out. I have verified that the keepUserLoggedIn is set to true in umbracoSettings.config.

This is happening as I am making edits in the back office. So sometime less than 1 minute will elapse since my last action.

Does anybody have any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks,

Lee

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Oct 23, 2015 @ 13:47
    Craig100

Did you restart the app (touch web.config) to make sure it takes note of the change?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft