Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• GA 5 posts 26 karma points
    Dec 19, 2013 @ 01:17
    GA

UmbClientMgr is not defined

I get a blank page and I am seeing this error when trying to access http://localhost/umbraco. I have disabled forms authentication. Could that be the problem?

1. Uncaught ReferenceError: UmbClientMgr is not defined (index):2
      1. yepnope.complete(index):2
      2. a.hasOwnProperty.jyepnope.min.js:2
      3. (anonymous function)yepnope.min.js:2
      4. k.onreadystatechange.k.onload

• James 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jun 03, 2014 @ 10:32
    James

Me too, fresh install of 7.1.4 and set modify permissions to the app_pool account to the while site, PLUS network service Modufy to App_Data folder.  Did you get this sorted??  I just get a blank screen - with basic HTML with LazyLoad script tags.

This is my error:

1. Uncaught ReferenceError: UmbClientMgr is not defined Application?umb__rnd=fffffff6efcd6572:2
      1. n

EDIT: client dependency framework is the problem.  When i enable debugging (set <compilation debug="true"> in the web.config) the site loads.  Going into production i can't keep debug enabled forever!

• Lucas Chasteen 24 posts 92 karma points
    Jun 10, 2014 @ 19:26
    Lucas Chasteen

I have come across this though my error was specific to Internet Explorer 10, other browsers worked fine.

To fix it, I modified lazyload.js in /Umbraco/lib/lazyload as follows:

At column 383-

e = false;/*{async:h.createElement("script").async===true};*/ 

UmbClientMgr was being used before the script that initialized it had a chance to execute.  In theory, this will have performance implications, as the scripts will now load sequentially, but it's functional.

Edit: My post was in direct reference to the previous (with reference to LazyLoad.js) and it appears these are different issues, setting compilation to debug has no effect on my issue, I've filed the following issue: U4-5111.

• Martin Griffiths 826 posts 1269 karma points c-trib
    Jun 19, 2014 @ 13:31
    Martin Griffiths

Hi all I'm having the same problem on all browsers on a local build that was checked into TFS. The project is built via nuGet.

We're using 7.1.4 if that helps.

Has anyone in the core team encountered this issue?

The build works absolutely fine on my PC, but on anothers the site runs ok but the back office error is.

Uncaught referenceError: LazyLoad is not defined

Martin

• Dennis Spijkerboer 53 posts 95 karma points
    Jul 01, 2014 @ 16:03
    Dennis Spijkerboer

Hi!

I run into the same 404 problem on 7.1.4 after building with TFS and nuget package restore. typeahead.bundle.min.js is missing as well.

Dennis

Jul 01, 2014 @ 16:06
    Martin Griffiths

Hi all

My solution was to completely remove the Umbraco nuGet package (core libraries) and re-import from scratch.

Problem went away after that.

M.

Jul 01, 2014 @ 16:31
    Dennis Spijkerboer

Thanks. Tried this solution but it didn't work for me. Copied the files by hand for now.

Jul 01, 2014 @ 16:32
    Martin Griffiths

Hi Dennis

Try unloading Umbraco entirely, and reloading, it's a pain but it should solve the problem.

M.

Jul 01, 2014 @ 16:36
    Dennis Spijkerboer

I did, I uninstalled the umbraco cms nuget package, after that, I installed the umbraco cms package (again). Can't see how this could work because the result is the same packages.config It's checked out, but at the end we have the same packages.config.

Jul 01, 2014 @ 17:50
    Martin Griffiths

What it should do is reload all of the resources required to run Umbraco 7. Some of which have changed (or were missing) from previous versions. Well at least thats my interpretation of the issue.

There was a nuget bug submitted about sync issues, so post 7.1.4 things should be back to normal again.

Martin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft