Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Josh Olson 79 posts 207 karma points
    Dec 20, 2013 @ 11:30
    Josh Olson

Values of PreValues in 7.0.1

I recently upgraded to 7.0.1 and can now add datatypes with prevalues (yeah!) which is great, but the GUI in U7 seems to have dropped the value listing as was seen before. What this means is that I can't find the value for any given prevalue in the backend, unless I am missing something. Is there some way to bring this back and/or is there another way for me to find the values easily from within the backend?

For clarity's sake, I have a made a new checkbox list with fifteen prevalues. The boxes that are ticked by a user are stored in a custom property in their member profile (as a comma seperated string of values). This is all great, except that is is quite a hassle to discover the values of each prevalue, which I need when I am performing logic against that string.

Cheers and thanks!

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Dec 20, 2013 @ 11:54
    Per Ploug

Quick way is to look in cmsDataTypePreValues table in the DB, a slightly slower way would be to fetch them from the datatypeservice with GetPreValuesByDataTypeId(1234)

will add an issue on this, there really should be an easier way

• Josh Olson 79 posts 207 karma points
    Dec 20, 2013 @ 11:56
    Josh Olson

Thanks Per! A quick look in the DB is going to be the easy and fast way for me for now (thanks for the suggestion), but you are right, there should be an easier way.

Cheers!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft