Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fabian Keller 4 posts 24 karma points
    Dec 30, 2013 @ 22:30
    Fabian Keller

Umbraco 7 backend empty in IE, yepnope yepnope undefined

Hi, my Umbraco 7 backend is not working in IE (tested several IE versions incl. compatibility mode), but it works like a charm in Firefox and Chrome. Unfortunately, the page is not rendering correct in IE, the page throws this error:

SCRIPT5009: "yepnope" undefined
    Application, line 1 char 1

I assume the problem occurs with the "wrong" base html tag. Due to this misinterpretation by the internet explorer, the scripts loaded by yepnode.js are resulting in 404 errors.

Does anybody has encountered something similar or has a solution to this problem?

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jan 02, 2014 @ 12:15
    Jeroen Breuer

I had the same problem when trying to run the v7 source code. I just downloaded the compiled version here and override the Umbraco.Web.UI with the files from the zip. After that it worked.

Jeroen

Jan 02, 2014 @ 14:14
    Fabian Keller

Hi Jeroen, thanks for your answer. I tried overwritting the Umbraco.Web.UI assemblys with the binaries. Unfortunately, without success. Problem still remains.

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jan 02, 2014 @ 14:19
    Jeroen Breuer

It's probably a javascript issue so don't just override the assemblies, but all files that are in the zip.

Jeroen

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jan 02, 2014 @ 14:57
    Per Ploug

If you wish to run it from source then please follow the guidelines to do so, as you will have files missing if you dont build things correctly: http://umbraco.github.io/Belle/#/tutorials/Building

If you run from a nightly build, IE should not have problems with the base src since we set this on the serverside, so unless you rename your umbraco folder it should work by default

• Darren Kearley 3 posts 24 karma points
    Jan 03, 2014 @ 12:49
    Darren Kearley

Hi Fabian, where you able to solve this issue? I also have the same problem for version 7.0.1 in IE9 or below browsers.

Thanks, Darren

Jan 04, 2014 @ 15:59
    Fabian Keller

@Jeroen: I also replaced all javascript files, but without success

@Per: Thanks for the link, I'll check that.

@Darren: Unfortunately not. Issue still remains.

Jan 07, 2014 @ 10:26
    Darren Kearley

I have a possible work around for this, the following URL causes the error to occur -

http://localhost:65189/umbraco

However the following does not and the backend displays as expected in IE9 -

http://localhost:65189/umbraco/#/login

I hope that helps.

Jan 07, 2014 @ 11:44
    Darren Kearley

Once you get past the login screen there are other browser errors. My conclusion is that and based on this http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/system-requirements is that you need IE10 at least to work with Umbraco 7. I am not sure if you could setup a version 6 Umbraco site and utilise the same database or not?

Jan 15, 2014 @ 10:33
    Fabian Keller

Thanks for your posts and the workaround. I solved the issue with an other solution. It turns out, that IE9 activates the "IE9 compatibility mode" for websites in the intranet zone. Therefore, if you change the browser rendering mode within the F12 developer addin of Internet Explorer to IE9, it works like a charm.

• Earvin 4 posts 34 karma points
    Jan 21, 2014 @ 02:36
    Earvin

I get this error too! Anyone have a solution to this?? I am using IE11

• Manu Claessens 23 posts 63 karma points
    May 20, 2014 @ 23:47
    Manu Claessens

Same for me, also using IE11 and screen is empty.

The /umbraco/#/login solution that was proposed doesn't work either.

I hope the Umbraco team is working on this fix as this is not extremely customer-friendly.

All workarounds are welcome as I love the v7 functionality and would hate to need to switch back to v7...

Thx,

Manu

• David Peck 687 posts 1863 karma points c-trib
    Jun 13, 2014 @ 11:13
    David Peck

Ditto. Same problem here. Chrome. Happened after I upgraded from 7.1.1 to 7.1.4. I've just overwritten all the files with 7.1.4 to be absolutely certain without luck. My colleague has the same problem after downloading my upgrade commit to git. What is odd is when I did the commit all was working fine. Now the application has rebuilt (I guess) it isn't.

• David Peck 687 posts 1863 karma points c-trib
    Jun 13, 2014 @ 11:45
    David Peck

I found the solution to my issue.

My VS project was still referencing 7.1.1 binaries (nuget package), so even though I'd overwritten my bin folder these binaries were getting overwritten when I built.

My suggestion is you copy all the dlls from the bin folder in a seperate folder (e.g: /Lib/Umbraco 7.1.4), remove all nuget packages to Umbraco and Umbraco.Core, and then reattach all references to those in your Lib directory.

Pretty obvious really, but it's an easy mistake-ah-to-make-ah.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft