Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Snehal Thube 21 posts 63 karma points
    Jan 03, 2014 @ 06:52
    Snehal Thube

Is it feasible to start using umbraco 7.0.1 for live site

Hi,

We are planning to use latest version of umbraco i.e. 7.0.1 for the one of website and we would like to start the work immediately.

Just would like to confirm whether it is feasible at the moment to use 7.x version for our project which will go live in March?

Asking for your suggestion to make sure no major issues will be faced at the time of project execution.

Thanks,
    Snehal

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jan 03, 2014 @ 14:33
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

I'm waiting for Umbraco 7.1 because of the following issues:

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-3443

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-3713

If it's a small simple website I think 7.0.1 is already a great way to start.

Jeroen

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Jan 03, 2014 @ 15:06
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Snehal,

As Jeroen says there are some issues - but these depend on your previous experience with Umbraco, as in if you aren't aware of the functionality of certain v6 data-types, then v7 is a great fit.

The trouble for established Umbraco developers, moving from v6 to v7, we have become reliant on certain features and functionality. v7 is considered new ground ... so if you don't have that baggage, then v7 will be breath of fresh air! :-)

v7 will mature over the next few months, so do keep in mind an upgrade path for your project.

Good luck with your project!

Cheers,
    - Lee

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jan 03, 2014 @ 15:51
    Dan Diplo

One thing to bear in mind is that Umbraco 7 requires that people who use IE to edit content need IE10 or greater. This is a show-stopper for my company as so many clients (unfortunately) use older versions.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft